• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any one try...

Nah. I got any one of four HF rigs to play with if I wanna. But this sounds interesting for someone with little equipment to play with.as long as there is a valid control operator supervising the thing.

I've been playing with something very similar, but I'm doing it with Ham Radio Deluxe and IPSound. It looks to me like HRD can support more rig functions, but it's hard to tell without actually downloading it and trying it. I know that HRD supports just about everything that my Icom 746Pro can do. IPSound is the part that does the VOiP part, It works pretty good, but there is just a slight delay while the data transfers. I hear Skype is better, so maybe I should try it. One thing about IPSound is that it requires that ports on firewalls on both sides be open. This may not be allowed on your work network, depending on how they have the firewall configured. The first time I was testing this out, I was using my notebook computer in another room of the house over my wireless network. The folks I was talking to on the radio couldn't even tell that I was talking over my PC. If you're thinking about trying this, let me know if you have any setup questions...maybe I can help.

Thanks for the offer. I don't have my element 1 yet, I've used it to check out HF. Can't TX, I used it to see if 3990 was as bad as I heard. Haven't heard anything the QRZ'ers bitch about. Something fun to fool with 'till I get a real radio LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.