• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anybody know how to?

pimphand442

Jun 11, 2011
i want to install a pa jack on my radio it dosent have that pa feature and I would like to have it anybody know how to install one?

I have NO idea as to why someone would want to do that. Seems to be more trouble than it is worth. Either get another radio that has the features that you need or get a small audio amp, mic, and external spkr and do it that way if you must.

Reactions: 2 people
welli figured if theres a way to istallone I could figure out the talkback but this radio don't have one and not sure how to put talkback in it im using a desk mic don't want to use another mic with one built in lol

if you would say what kind of radio it is would help with talk back. need brand and model number. also the main board number could help.

Reactions: 1 person
superstar 4900b made by maycom cant remember board number everybody changes there mind on info or help when it comes to this radio.

superstar 4900b made by maycom cant remember board number everybody changes there mind on info or help when it comes to this radio.

you need to leave this radio alone. if you short any thing you could blow the microprocessor and kill the radio. anyother radio you can lift a diode to get talk back or put a jumper and resistor from the audio wire to the speaker to get some talkback but this radio is very easy to mess up. thats like pin 6 at the mic socket has 13.8 volts to it and if you short it you will blow the radio up. if I had know from the start what radio it was I would have saved myself a bit of time trying to get ifo from you to see what you were trying to do.

better off to leave this radio be.

superstar 4900b made by maycom

That is a rare radio here in the united states, and a lot of them burned up the CPU by plugging the wrong Mic into them, there is 12v + DC on one of the mic pins.
You can find a service manual for that radio over on CB Tricks thanks to Bennie.

I really would just leave it alone, way too nice of a radio to poke around in.

Jeff

yes I know about the mic I converted it from 6 pin to 4 pin no longer has the 6 pin plug takes a standard cobra 4 pin I installed echo board as well just want talk back lol thanks guys

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.