• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Know This Chart ....?

thanks BJnut . ;)
them guys chasing perfect ess doublya ares will do a lot of stuff that ultimately has no effect on their rx and tx .
but , i can appreciate going the extra mile for a warm fuzzy feeling (y)

here ya go wire ,so simple a caveman can do it .

SWR Calculator 1.2

Hey the CALC here is cool Funky but it requires having a Reflected Power meter like a Cross Needle Meter. But if you have one of those...then it's already doing all 3 functions for you.

This CALC would have the bomb if it included the 3 - way choice {provide any 2 figures and get the 3rd}

This is for the dumb locals who only have forward power and SWR metering.

All the other charts and graphs provided are great and thanks to eveyone but it is still too much for the backwoods hillbillys in my hood.

Yes....I am THAT far out in the sticks :whistle:

Hey the CALC here is cool Funky but it requires having a Reflected Power meter like a Cross Needle Meter. But if you have one of those...then it's already doing all 3 functions for you.

This CALC would have the bomb if it included the 3 - way choice {provide any 2 figures and get the 3rd}

This is for the dumb locals who only have forward power and SWR metering.

All the other charts and graphs provided are great and thanks to eveyone but it is still too much for the backwoods hillbillys in my hood.

Yes....I am THAT far out in the sticks :whistle:

You can always hook your power meter up backwards to read reflected power. It works good. Done it many times measuring ref power on VHF stuff.That's all a ref power meter is is one with the sampler reversed.

I just nicked the coax outer shell and put a pan under it to catch all the SWR's as they dripped out...been SWR free for several years.

If you're collecting the swrs you can heat them in a pot until reduced as it makes an excellent syrup on pancakes.

i just use this .

Attachments

• SWR_Cream.jpg
    SWR_Cream.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 160
quote "I need a simple chart that any cow-pie kicking cotton-pickin' CBer can understand to show them that when they say they're seeing 500 watts out of their 2 pill crapbox when they further say that with their 2 pill crapbox on they also have a 2:5 to 1 SWR that much of what they're seeing is a false high reading. That, and their crapbox meter is also inaccurate" end quote

I think you broke every single rule on this site with that one short post..... Inflammatory, Deragatory, demoralizing language etc........I guess we could probably drop the "F Bomb" so long as we select some minority that we all hate like I do not know "CB'ers" change that group to African Americans, Jew's, Hispanics take you pick and instantly it would be like farting in church everyone would have their eye on you and no one would approve.

For all you intellectual Giants this might come as a surprise to you guys but unlike Amateurs CB'ers are not an organized group and have no official culture. Only amateurs have a collective culture of hate and bigotry against other people that use 2 way radio's. Might also come as a surprise to you guys but not everyone that has a CB use's it in a way that is illegal, annoying or improper. When you do see a group of people that talk on the CB get together they are not sitting around talking about Elmers that starch their underwear.

Some of you guys are getting close to the same mindset as those guys you see wearing tin foil hats talking about the mind control rays......LOL You are letting people that have no power over you hijack your mind.....LOL

As too the chart well if the person can not understand "SWR" then one of two things is going on. 1) THey where asleep in H.S. and lack the ability to think critical and take concepts and apply them. 2) Your doing a terrible job explaining SWR to them. 3) It does not matter to the person they have made up their mind to be ignorant and ignore any and all facts offered to them that violates what they think they want to believe. That is why we have the old saying " You can lead a horse to water but you can not make it drink!". A large over whelming percentage of the population actually chose to remain ignorant because if they chose other wise they would have to actually take action and make changes to their life. When it comes to politics, science and religion if the person is not seeking out that information then nothing you say or do will be received in a positive way it will go in one ear and out the other worst case they will shut down and get defensive.

With and swr of 2.5:1 I hope he has 2SC2879's because they can take that abuse where most other's would fail much sooner.

As to the quote "crap box" I agree with you that most black market linears are less then ideal designs I find it funny that an over whelming number of Ham's own Texas Star and RM solid state amp's because they can afford them. In fact Ameritron a brand intended andmarketed towards HAM's is no better then Texas Star or POA amp's. The transistors in the amp have no idea where they are going and niether do the diodes, resistors and caps. So design is what makes something good or as you said "crap" not the market it is intended for. FOr ever "crap box" you find in the BLack market world I can find some piece of beloved HAM Gear just as bad. In a way it is even worse really because HAM's are suppossed to know better and aim for a higher standard so their support and lusting after those brands lke HeathKit,Dentron,Ameritron some of the older Kenwood,Yeasu and the like is 10X worse then CB'ers because Amateurs know more and we know they know more because they have had to pass a test saying they know more then most about RF topics.

My point is when you go point a finger you have at least 3 more point in right back you!

Oh and when it comes to teaching or educating someone it is better to plant the seed and walk away they it is to stand over that person and smack them with ever increasing weight hammer's trying to hammer home your point!

As to the quote "crap box" I agree with you that most black market linears are less then ideal designs I find it funny that an over whelming number of Ham's own Texas Star and RM solid state amp's because they can afford them. In fact Ameritron a brand intended andmarketed towards HAM's is no better then Texas Star or POA amp's. The transistors in the amp have no idea where they are going and niether do the diodes, resistors and caps. So design is what makes something good or as you said "crap" not the market it is intended for. FOr ever "crap box" you find in the BLack market world I can find some piece of beloved HAM Gear just as bad. In a way it is even worse really because HAM's are suppossed to know better and aim for a higher standard so their support and lusting after those brands lke HeathKit,Dentron,Ameritron some of the older Kenwood,Yeasu and the like is 10X worse then CB'ers because Amateurs know more and we know they know more because they have had to pass a test saying they know more then most about RF topics.

My point is when you go point a finger you have at least 3 more point in right back you!

Oh and when it comes to teaching or educating someone it is better to plant the seed and walk away they it is to stand over that person and smack them with ever increasing weight hammer's trying to hammer home your point!

I disagree with almost all quoted above. The Ameritron SS amps are better than a TS simply because of the bandpass filters. Admittedly even the designer of the SS Ameritron amps says he would not run one on a base because of the IMD of almost any 12 volt amp. The Ameritron tube amps are head and shoulders above the CB crap amps and even then Ameritron is considered a budget line of amps. As for the RM amps, they can be clean if run at less than half of what RM claims as peak output. That has been written about by several knowledgeable persons. The problem you speak of about amateurs being worse than CB'ers because they are supposed to know better is falling waaaaay behind the times. With the mickey Mouse tickets being handed out today there is NO need for any more electronics knowledge than to know that 468/F=the length of a dipole. Because of that and the elimination of the code requirement more and more CB'ers are becoming amateurs but not changing their attitudes or level of knowledge and THAT is the reason more and more "amateurs" are using crap amps and gear on the bands. Old timers that actually studied electronics for their exam and EARNED their tickets are not the ones buying TS or RM amps and puting them on the air. They also are not the ones asking how long the coax cable has to be to run out to the Antron 99 they want to run on 40m-6m either.

For the record, I am not an old curmudgeon old timer although I have been licensed for over 20 years. I do however have an extensive background in commercial broadcasting and know good RF construction practices and good audio when I see/hear it. I am also not against CB'ers having been one myself at one time. I even ran "freeband" for a short while. What I am against is coming into my house (ham bands) and not abiding by my rules (ham) regulations and good operating practices.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.