• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone know what this little box is?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I recently acquired this little chrome box with some radio gear. I believe the guy said it was to tune in the antenna....maybe an antenna matcher of some sort?

Attachments

• Unknown item.jpg
    Unknown item.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 18

geesh... i havent seen one of those in years

yup, thats what it is but i wouldnt try to use in on anything other than a box stock, non export radio. the capacitors definitely arent rated for amplifier use

Reactions: 1 person
gee, I bet it is good for at least 2000 Dosy watts,......

and , yes, it is an antenna "tuner"

100 watt capacity. They have a very limited range and I have seen them not even be able to tune a CB antenna to CB frequencies when the antenna was only just a little off.

So.... they are little pieces of crap. Crap somebody made to take some more money away from a CB'er. Seriously.... if I found one stashed away in a box I would hunk it in the trash.

Turbo-T ; The one i grabed out of my junk box has a label on it . CB ANTENNA MATCHER VCB-147 ,Veritas Electronics corp. Farmingdale N.Y. In my opinion use it for parts on your next homebrew project its not a useable ant; matcher & yes i,ve tried them on different antennas years ago . later Bob.

Ant. Matcher

I got a Radio Shack antenna tuner/matcher. I use it to optimize the receive on my TRC-428 that I have hooked up to a 9' piece of stranded automotive wire until I get my base antenna set up. I would never use it nowadays for anything serious.

Thanks I don't plan on running this anyways. in fact I actually wondered what kind of money it might fetch on eBay. I see a lot of things sell for more than their value there.

Still learning how this posting works.
I did not intend to quote anyone on my previous post.
I just did something different and when I realized my error I tried to edit and still could not remove the quote.
So the posting was not directed at anyone in particular just a mistake on my part.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned