• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone tried an Everhardt Sott5 antenna?

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
I have done some searching here on this website about the 5' Everhardt Sott fiberglass antenna and can't seem to find much info. Has anybody tried one and if so how do you like the performance.
Right now I am running a 4ft K40 and it actually does fairly well. I have been able to get out 14 miles so far and can make dx contacts with it sometimes just using my barefoot Connex 3300HP. But, I read in another forum about these Everhardts and people seemed to like them. I would like to go with the 5' to get the antenna higher above the cab of my truck (raised roof freightliner). I have read they are similar to the skipshooter antennas. I can only find two places that carry them,wearecb.com and believe it or not Sears.com. I had NO idea Sears carried CB related items.. It has been years since I have stepped foot in a Sears.
I know many people will tell me to go with a 10K or something similar, but I am looking for a high quality fiberglass antenna.

Nope I have never used that particular antenna. However just looking at the description I dont see much difference in any other 5 foot fiberglass whip. I also would question the 2K watts it supposedly can handle.

I have the tiger 5' on the bed rail of my pickup and works great. The tiger is better than the others but is not made any longer and hard to find but they are out there. I did compair it to my old France 8' glass antenna and I did not find any difference between them... I got mine from wearecb.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.