• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone use a Sirio 5000?

Like everyone has said they are fine antennas....seem to hear and transmit better than my Wilsons...But the only issue that I had is when my Sirio Got rained on or water from washing my vehicle i did notice water getting inside of the Rubber seal and into the base of the antenna causing my SWR's to climb and future havoc.. My simple solution was getting rid of that rubber base seal and applying a rubber O ring over the 239 attachement in which the Sirio snugged down on this O Ring as I twisted it over the 239 antenna feed point...
This fixed the problem!!! Also its made in Italy which "US" Italians did and exceptional job in attenna engineering....Hats off to the Italians!!

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Like everyone has said they are fine antennas....seem to hear and transmit better than my Wilsons...But the only issue that I had is when my Sirio Got rained on or water from washing my vehicle i did notice water getting inside of the Rubber seal and into the base of the antenna causing my SWR's to climb and future havoc.. My simple solution was getting rid of that rubber base seal and applying a rubber O ring over the 239 attachement in which the Sirio snugged down on this O Ring as I twisted it over the 239 antenna feed point...
This fixed the problem!!! Also its made in Italy which "US" Italians did and exceptional job in attenna engineering....Hats off to the Italians!!

i have found that is not the only place that the water gets in at. i have also seen it seep down between the plastic housing and the metal base. this is where i found it was comming into my antenna. fixed that issue with some liquid electrical tape applied to this area and sealed it.

i have found that is not the only place that the water gets in at. i have also seen it seep down between the plastic housing and the metal base. this is where i found it was comming into my antenna. fixed that issue with some liquid electrical tape applied to this area and sealed it.

Shouldn't have to do that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.