• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555N2 Power Settings

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
For those of you who own one of these, where do you set your RF Power when not using an amp? (1/2, 3/4, Full?)
And what are the output readings at that setting? (Dead key and PEP).

Thanks!

AM - Full power - DK 9 watts - PEP 60 watts - PEP SSB closer to 70 watts.

This one was sold and tuned by Mike @ Scott's Radio
AM - Full power - DK 9 watts - PEP 60 watts - PEP SSB closer to 70 watts.

This one was sold and tuned by Mike @ Scott's Radio
Thank you, Rodney. I forgot to mention AM is what I’m asking about.

So here’s my question with those readings. I’ve always heard the best modulation occurs when the dead key/PEP ratio is 1:4.
So for a dead key of 9, that would occur with a PEP of around 36. For a PEP of 60, it would require a dead key of 15 or so.

Am I way off base here?

Jim, I've never had the 980 so I'm not familiar with the performance on these. If you're running it with the 203 and you're ok with the radio's performance (except the crappy display) you may be good to go. You're very lucky that you're not burdened with the affliction of NEEDING a new radio. I can't say the same for myself, or some of my other radio friends, but I'm working on it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ed may be right, but if you're wanting to run a kl203, the N2 may have too much power for it. I have a 203 and I ran it with the McKinley, 1 watt DK swinging 12.
@Eldorado828 have you ran the 203 with the N2?

Reactions: Riverman
Ed may be right, but if you're wanting to run a kl203, the N2 may have too much power for it. I have a 203 and I ran it with the McKinley, 1 watt DK swinging 12.
@Eldorado828 have you ran the 203 with the N2?
No way, it would burn that little fellow up. I bet the pass through is only 20 watts or so. Just guessing.

Jim, I may be confused, which is not surprising for me. Ha!
Do you have a 980 or you're looking to buy one? I was assuming you had one. But if you don't, I wouldn't spend a dime on it vs a better radio for the about the same price.

Jim, I may be confused, which is not surprising for me. Ha!
Do you have a 980 or you're looking to buy one? I was assuming you had one. But if you don't, I wouldn't spend a dime on it vs a better radio for the about the same price.
Don’t currently have one, Rodney. It’s in a cabinet at the local truck stop. :p I do have the KL203. Am using it with my Royce 619. The Anytone is somewhat higher but worth it I’m sure.
I’m just the world’s worst about making a decision and pulling the trigger.:ROFLMAO:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.