• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 Question

Good Afternoon snippits75. I appreciate your reply. I heard several people in DX land this past weekend talking on the Anytone Quad 6 and they all sounded good. The radio may be enough by itself, but I just wanted to explore my options. I am using a dipole in an inverted V configuration mounted in my attic. I have antenna restrictions because of the HOA. Thanks again and have a great evening.
I put up an inverted V speaker wire dipole 2 days ago at 1/2 wave high. All reports except one when switching from and back to my Sirio 2016 are that my signal and audio were identical. I saw it for myself when a contact in Ontario did a live stream recording our almost 30min QSO. I was on my Q5N2 no amp. Also talked to a mobile in Wales yesterday morning on the wire. The receive is average 1 db lower probably because the inverted V hears a little less off the ends. I have it up on one of those telescoping fishing poles. I doubt any of my neighbors would even notice it.

Attachments

• AD7E0BC3-CD41-441B-A48A-277A055AFE45.png
    AD7E0BC3-CD41-441B-A48A-277A055AFE45.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 15
I put up an inverted V speaker wire dipole 2 days ago at 1/2 wave high. All reports except one when switching from and back to my Sirio 2016 are that my signal and audio were identical. I saw it for myself when a contact in Ontario did a live stream recording our almost 30min QSO. I was on my Q5N2 no amp. Also talked to a mobile in Wales yesterday morning on the wire. The receive is average 1 db lower probably because the inverted V hears a little less off the ends. I have it up on one of those telescoping fishing poles. I doubt any of my neighbors would even notice it.
That's a great report on the dipole. I'm curious, balun or no balun? I'm working on one too, just haven't put it up for fine tuning and haven't decided if it really needs a balun.

Reactions: Buffalo
Would something like these work???

That's a great report on the dipole. I'm curious, balun or no balun? I'm working on one too, just haven't put it up for fine tuning and haven't decided if it really needs a balun.
No Balun the legs are still a hair long for the frequencies I use. 1.5 up around 27.495 and flat at 26.805. Tuner I have makes me lazy at the moment even though it will only take a minute to shorten the legs. I started with it horizontal knowing I set it long but as a lowered it into a V the match got better. I’m guessing another half inch or so should do it. The pole it’s up on is just too cool and inexpensive. Stands in 2 tiki bases clamped together. Way easy to deploy.

Last edited:
I just cut the stake part off one and clamped the 2 together.

Attachments

• 9FD86917-DFED-4BBD-88D4-9B4E347495A8.png
    9FD86917-DFED-4BBD-88D4-9B4E347495A8.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 8

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.