• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYTONE ARES II 11 meter freq conversion.

unit_399

EL CAPO
Jun 17, 2008
ALEJANDRIA, COLOMBIA SA
My Esposa has really gotten into Cb since I installed a radio and an amp in her 4x4 truck. I put a cobra 138XLR in there for her, but am looking to replace it with something with more freqs and FM. Besides, it's so damn BIG. She isn't into LCD displays and buttons and likes old fashioned rigs with knobs and stuff. So, I'm looking to get her an ARES II. BUT . . . it doesn't come stock with CB freqs, and I looked around and haven't found a cb freq conversion for it. Can it be converted to 11 meters ?? If so, how?? Without an LCD display how do you get into the service menu if there is one?? Help please.

- J.J. 399

EDIT: Duhhh. I looked it over a little closer, and see that it has a programming a jack on the back. Still , how do you program it??

Last edited:

Here is the info for the engineering menu, I don't know if anyone came up with the list of what the parameters do though.

Reactions: unit_399
I have the Radioddity QT40 and it's very easy to convert for CB band by removing the lower cover and moving a jumper. There are vids on YouTube. Programming is pretty simple also. It is a very large radio like the Cobra 148 so there is that. Another option would be the President McKinley.

Reactions: unit_399
I have a quad 5555n and a QT-40 and they are about the same.Easy conversions. I like The Quad5 better Frequency display. Easy to use. The QT40 has that nice CB radio look You can get a readout with holding the UP-Down buttons And key up Gives two digits at a time while keyed.

Reactions: Pez

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.