• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AnyTone Q6 Power on Beep Delete

BlueBeam

Dec 20, 2021
A lot of my Facebook friends and radio operators requested to be able to disable the power on beep on the Q6. I told you all I would figure it out and share! Here you go! Just remove the capacitor circled that I have already removed in this photo. This disables ALL beeps regardless of menu setting, key beeps are also disabled. I don't think it affects Roger beeps but I didn't test...I don't use Roger beeps.
Hope this helps...73
Panic Attack

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_123644570~5.jpg
    IMG_20240324_123644570~5.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 14

I am a happy Q6 owner, and while I agree that the beep when you turn on a Q6 is pointless, I am curious why someone would go to the bother of modifying the radio to get rid of it ?
So what if it beeps when you turn it on ? I feel like I'm missing something here.....

You can easily turn off that annoying beep that happens with each button press in one of the menus.......

I am a happy Q6 owner, and while I agree that the beep when you turn on a Q6 is pointless, I am curious why someone would go to the bother of modifying the radio to get rid of it ?
So what if it beeps when you turn it on ? I feel like I'm missing something here.....

You can easily turn off that annoying beep that happens with each button press in one of the menus.......
It doesn't bother me at all but I have received many requests from operators in the community if I knew a way to disable it so I found a solution and I'm sharing it.

One good reason: If you have the 6666 in a vehicle, and it powers ON and OFF with ignition, it would probably drive you crazy.

Also, if you wanted to maintain some beep functionality, but lower the level of the startup beep, you could add some resistance to this point (in series with the factory capacitor) to end up with a lower level that might work better for some people.

One good reason: If you have the 6666 in a vehicle, and it powers ON and OFF with ignition, it would probably drive you crazy.
That would certainly drive me crazy ! It's another good reason to wire the radio straight to the battery; which is the correct way to do it anyways !

To each their own; I just think it's funny that people are fine with their car, fridge, thermostat, stove, oven, phone, computer, entertainment system and just about every thing else beeping constantly, but can't deal with the CB doing it LOL! :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.