• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

APCO25 Anyone ?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Anyone else doing any p25 comms or DMR comms? I know those are digital modes and much "newer" technology, it is also commercial comms but hams are welcome to use this new technology (y)

What would be the point? Just because you can? Very little use as of right now and no particular benefit.
- 'Doc

What would be the point? Just because you can? Very little use as of right now and no particular benefit.
- 'Doc

Lots of users here in the la area. Not because i can its because the gear is mostly American made and very rugged. Sure its a lot more $$$ but worth it just my IMHO.

No local users using apco here but all of our emergency services are on apco and our local cops are using apco25 with encryption so really it leaves p25 reception useless. Hey Se7en formally known as Vanila Sky, what do you know about programming using Ibuttons? myself and a mate where playing around with an XTS5000 but hit a dead end with programming because we don't know enough about this Ibutton debacle.

And the benefits?
- 'Doc
No benefit, it's different, it's fun and its new ;)

No local users using apco here but all of our emergency services are on apco and our local cops are using apco25 with encryption so really it leaves p25 reception useless. Hey Se7en formally known as Vanila Sky, what do you know about programming using Ibuttons? myself and a mate where playing around with an XTS5000 but hit a dead end with programming because we don't know enough about this Ibutton debacle.
1I made this thread cause im fairly new to Motorolas p25 rigs.

2 Beats me stop "messing around" with stuff you dont know.

3And formally stating my old user id on here does what exactly ?

4 start watching Motorolas tutorials on using cps.

5 again stop pressing buttons and messing around.

Your a strange individual mate
I'm not having a go at you I'm simply asking you a question, and btw I find it amusing that you feel the need to change your user name.

Any how good day strange little man and good luck with pursuing p25

Reactions: 1 person
Okay, it's 'new', different, and there's not much congestion. I think you're right, it may be fun to 'play' with. But you're also right in that it isn't cheap by any means. So, while it may be 'fun', I'm not sure I could stand (afford) to have that much fun, so I'll pass. The whole point of radio is to communicate with others. In my area there are no users other than for public service groups (PD, FD, etc.), so it would be pointless. I've got a feeling that it's going to be fairly 'rare' on the ham bands for some time to come. At least around here.
- 'Doc

Okay, it's 'new', different, and there's not much congestion. I think you're right, it may be fun to 'play' with. But you're also right in that it isn't cheap by any means. So, while it may be 'fun', I'm not sure I could stand (afford) to have that much fun, so I'll pass. The whole point of radio is to communicate with others. In my area there are no users other than for public service groups (PD, FD, etc.), so it would be pointless. I've got a feeling that it's going to be fairly 'rare' on the ham bands for some time to come. At least around here.
- 'Doc

That's understandable, expencive, no one else using it makes sense.

No benefit, it's different, it's fun and its new ;)

1I made this thread cause im fairly new to Motorolas p25 rigs.

2 Beats me stop "messing around" with stuff you dont know.

3And formally stating my old user id on here does what exactly ?

4 start watching Motorolas tutorials on using cps.

5 again stop pressing buttons and messing around.

Considering a lot of your thread topics I find this highly amusing. :love: :w00t:

Check your pm box, as I am willing to help you with your dilima

I got my xts3000 and i love it. Decided to order a xts2500. Can't wait. I don't think i could go back to the "big 3" anymore.

gerunazu.jpg

na7ejege.jpg

dybe8a2y.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.