1. Notice: This site will be offline for maintenance and upgrades on Sunday, Aug 2nd. It will likely be down for several hours.
  2. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARISSat-1 deployed and ready for use

Discussion in 'General Ham Radio Discussion' started by Moleculo, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo Administrator
    Staff Member

In case you missed it, ARISSat-1 was launched during a spacewalk from the International Space Station yesterday. With this bird, you will be able to receive it's telemetry, CW beacon and a SSTV transmission. It was supposed to also have a 2m/440 linear transponder, but the 440Mhz antenna came up missing. More information on how to work this bird can be found at: AMSAT - ARISSat How To

2. Qwazyone

Qwazyone Active Member

The missing antenna was disappointing, but considering it's only going to be up there for about 6 months and I think the primary mission was to monitor vacuum levels on its way back down. I did see one report that the transponder was working on the Amsat-BB but it was only one report, so unless there are more or KB1PVH or W1MSG post here about the transponder working, it probably doesn't.

3. Qwazyone

Qwazyone Active Member

It sure sounded like the linear transponder is working, I heard some voice on USB around 145.930 at 11:28Z but it wasn't very strong

: arissat-1