• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL June VHF Contest: 1800Z, Jun 10

I'll be passing out points ... Analog only SSB/CW....while checking the DX windows for traffic.
Remember the DX window below 50.125 is SBB/CW only and for outside cont. USA...
08c0a077780263f3df97613e58e71744.svg
Please no SSB stateside to SSB stateside contacts below 125!

I'll be listening for any New Grid Squares ONLY.I quit Contesting long ago & I Rarely even log a QSO unless it's New Grid or Entity & that's Very Rare as well. I find contesting as boring as Nets & FT8 & I'd rather have all of my teeth pulled without any pain killers being used.If you like it then have fun but I will just be listening & watching for something New or Rare.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
So many parked on 50.125 calling for hours so it appears they don't understand the etiquette. You will not be popular when you do this. They obviously don't understand what Calling Frequency stands for? N0VRM is there now & he has been for about an hour or more? {:>(

04:42 utc.. turning in for the night. Will try to hit it again in the morning.. will need coffee to offset Miller products.. all in all not bad so far. Run into most of the usual suspects. Had some nice band runs. Grabbed a couple new grids on 432.. one new one 222 and one on 2 I needed in northern IA. Pulled a couple good 100+ mile ssb qso's on 1296..thats always fun (atleast to me it is..)

As for six it been hot and cold. It started to open to the east coast and I thought we would have a replay of last year June contest but not so. Grabbed several out east.. few in FL. Several in TX, UT and CO.
Points are at 7296. Took a 3-4 hours off to change oil in wifes truck..eat..kids..ect... we will see how Sunday goes...

Got a fair amount of time Sunday in the chair. 6 was open pretty much all day and voice contacts were easy. Worked a rover in Iowa that gave me some new grids on 222/432. Picked up several new grids on 6 in the DM region. I didn't top last years score of 30 k but closed out with 28,548. Not too shabby for low power analog only.. fun times. Now it's time to plan for improvements for next year.

Reactions: BJ radionut

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.