• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

astatic 575m6 or red road devil

bc235

Apr 25, 2008
is a road devil gonna be as loud as a 575 m6. my 575 has taken a dive and i have a 636 on my general lee. (connex board) im thinkin road devil?

Loud, surely. The drive on mine, in order to maintain the noise cancelling properties only needs to be at about 1/4 the way up. There's a fine line at that point where the gain on the mic takes off and brings in the noise around you.

I like it, just take a bit of time to mess with it.

If you don't want the noise cancelling functions, look for a D104M6B handheld. They sound better if the background noise isn't an issue.

i use road devils on EVERYTHING. even on REAL HF rigs on the ham bands, the road devil gets the better comments regarding audio quality then the 575, d104m6, and EVERY one of the cb handheld power mics out there. nothing personal, bob85, just MHO......if i was humble ;-)

surprised to here your 636 is not good enough for your Lee ? I had one RD for a very short time , it was to much concedering it was a powered NC mic . Although I ran a 575M6 for over 10 years on many radios , even then the audio only needed to be cracked open to have all that I needed at any give time. The 575M6 worked nicely on both AM/SSB , to have the best of both worlds , the 575M6 was the best hands down for me in a power mic. I think as far as AM is concerned , I know longer feel the need for back ground modulation , you can truly have the base station on wheels sound without a power mic and no back ground what so ever. (This can sometimes depend on how the radio is tuned ? or if a good echo board might be used ?) the best radios I've heard over the years in trucks and cars were the ones using 636s and RK-56s , usually with echo boards used for a touch of echo done nicely. Again .......How was the radio tuned and to what ? I think Lou Franklin was right when he said there was just no need for a power mic on a cb radio if the radio is tuned right. Experiance is my only teacher , The D-104 Hand helds are best suited to be ran on base stations or radios that have been lightly tuned on the modulation side of them , Why have nasty back ground if you can sound loud and proud without ? Although some stock mic's are very bad that come with certain radios over the years , there has been there fair share of good ones as well (Cobra coffin style and the 1000ohm type mic's there's also a very nice Ranger Stock mic that works great as well as the others on AM/SSB) I suppose power mic's in the mobile for me have come and gone. I just don't want all that noise behind me anymore. Good luck with your RD , I was just surprised to here the 636 was not good enough for the Lee ? most guys I know run RK-56s on them and they all have base station quailty loud and clear audio , The only problem I've noticed over the years with guys running NC mic's was that they just couldn't get it through there thick heads that they needed to eat those mic's for them to work properley. Go figure ?

surprised to here your 636 is not good enough for your Lee ? I had one RD for a very short time , it was to much concedering it was a powered NC mic . Although I ran a 575M6 for over 10 years on many radios , even then the audio only needed to be cracked open to have all that I needed at any give time. The 575M6 worked nicely on both AM/SSB , to have the best of both worlds , the 575M6 was the best hands down for me in a power mic. I think as far as AM is concerned , I know longer feel the need for back ground modulation , you can truly have the base station on wheels sound without a power mic and no back ground what so ever. (This can sometimes depend on how the radio is tuned ? or if a good echo board might be used ?) the best radios I've heard over the years in trucks and cars were the ones using 636s and RK-56s , usually with echo boards used for a touch of echo done nicely. Again .......How was the radio tuned and to what ? I think Lou Franklin was right when he said there was just no need for a power mic on a cb radio if the radio is tuned right. Experiance is my only teacher , The D-104 Hand helds are best suited to be ran on base stations or radios that have been lightly tuned on the modulation side of them , Why have nasty back ground if you can sound loud and proud without ? Although some stock mic's are very bad that come with certain radios over the years , there has been there fair share of good ones as well (Cobra coffin style and the 1000ohm type mic's there's also a very nice Ranger Stock mic that works great as well as the others on AM/SSB) I suppose power mic's in the mobile for me have come and gone. I just don't want all that noise behind me anymore. Good luck with your RD , I was just surprised to here the 636 was not good enough for the Lee ? most guys I know run RK-56s on them and they all have base station quailty loud and clear audio , The only problem I've noticed over the years with guys running NC mic's was that they just couldn't get it through there thick heads that they needed to eat those mic's for them to work properley. Go figure ?

No one read this because it makes thier eyes bleed.

Reactions: Chewbacca816
the 636 is great on the lee. however i had a friend use the lee and he has a 575 and OH MY GOD mic gain half way with no back ground noise. Bodatious. nothing audio wise could touch it and turn it up 3/4 up on mic gain of course mic vol. was only up like an 1/8 of an inch, but at 3/4 a lil back ground noise and damn. (call me an audio whore, its true) i've been running the 636 and its crystal clear just thought th rd might be a good replacement for the 575 but im thinking maybe not. i talked to a guy today with a rd on a 148 and no good. my buddy has a 99 with his 575 and just cranks out. so back to getting outbid on ebay???? anybody wanna sell me a 575?

well thank you. i just bought a 575 this morning on ebay brand new for $100 i just hope its not a scam and i hope it comes. ive heard strange stuff about ebay so i guess we'll find out. thanks for radio active radio info. i wonder if thats brand new or used? thanks for everybodys input.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.