• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Paradynamics PDC5 SWR Meter

Slothq

Mar 26, 2012
Looking for some manual or instructions for a Astatic Paradynamics PDC5 SWR Meter. I think I got it going ok. But it would help a lot to be sure, this is different from any SWR meter I have ever had.

On some video on youtube some guy had a like instruction sheet that came with it. I bought mine used so none of that for me yet anyway.

thanks in advance for any help. I have searched for hours on the internet for it.

Slothq

they want my cc number

thanks but I have tried this one about 12 times now. I don't give cc numbers out for instructions or manuals. but I do thank you for for this.

Slothq

I do see this thread is almost 3 months old but to answer m42duster yes they are still made. I just got on e rom Amazon last month for 15.00 and free shipping but if you are getting it got antenna tuning/matching my advice would be don't buy it unless you know quiote a bit about antenna tuning thru a meter. The instructions mainly just tell you how to put it in the matchoing and tuning mode but it does not go into detail about what the 2 rotary knobs mean and just exactly what to do with them. So unless you understand exactly what "Load" and "tune" means you can twist those 2 knobs until your fingers get sore and I made mine go from 1.2 to 1.1 but I really wasn't sure if my antenna actually did get retuned that well or not.

At one time I used it on a mobile 102" whip with my mobil and my SWR was up into the dangerous range as in 3 to 1 and I messed with it for and hour and still wasn't sure if the 1.5 reading was correct. I didn't use it thru the matcher/tuner setting and bought a heavy duty whip spring which brought it down to 1.2.

Now everything else works fine the SWR meter is right on with a friends Dosy 100.00 meter and the power is to but will only measure 1,10 and 100 watts. I do realize that the SWR readings that I wrote in my reply were not written in the correct format but most folks understand them as written.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.