• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

At The End Of The Day, Its Still A CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it had scientific merit since it showed us how mikes tune sounded in comparison to the other folks on the air...
No, it doesn't work like that; public safety is always priority #1, not how a tune sounds over-the-air..

CB is a 40 channel band.. you ought-to switch channels next time you want to have a peter waving contest, just saying... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Kinda like your lack of integrity when you say Mike's tune would make my radio perform better? I'll choose reality over delusions any day. That's integrity.

I was not going to respond to this since I like you and I like Mike!

Well Obviously Mark/Hardrive the customer is talking out his rear and has no clue what you are actually doing or what Mike is actually doing. In the case of Mike I am am sure he he is doing a lot more than he films and in your case you keep everything secret so how would anyone know short of purchasing your services and reverse engineering? So he obviously can not say you two are doing the same thing. I doubt he truly even understands what is being done.

We would have too send one radio to you and the desired mic and the exact same thing to Mike. They we would have to run them A-B at the same time on the same coax and antenna etc...at the same time etc...Even then what sounds better is rather subjective

If that is the radio from Mikes video the audio was only very very mildly modified and it was done with the stock mic not a Heil and it was definitely not going through a mixer either. We all know that you can not just toss what you want on a radio and think it will sound better because the mic is expensive or you because you tossed a mixer on it!

Other than to get a parametric eq I do not know why anyone would want to add a mixer to their radio unless they want to sample or record their audio easily through an aux channel on output on the mixer. An eq is one thing a mixer is another ball of wax and is for the most part a waste on a radio what does he plan to "mix" into the radio not like you have multiple audio channels you need to mix into the radio like you would doing music as a DJ, professional broadcasting or recording in a studio etc....

On top of all of that why would you get butt hurt over a clueless customer. You are starting to sound like those idiots on CB only forums and amplifier groupie forums and such!

At some point I would like to send you are radio but most of my gear though is gear you would not work on but Mike does. I do a lot of things myself which is why I have invested in some decent gear and am going to take online classes. Even my NOS radio are not anything you would work on. I have to purchase something you will actually work on before I try out your services. I am not a Stryker, Connex,Galaxy sort of guy.

You should just ignore this sort of thing it never makes a Tech look good when they beat up on someone elses ignorant customer it is not as Mike himself said anything about your tune. It is kind of like winning an argument against a fool or a little kid in public no matter how right you are it just looks bad. Better to just ignore people on the radio talking out of their rear about things they are clueless about!

Video of the radio I think we are hearing in the above clip.

Take care! Oh and this is not meant to be a negative post. I am drinking some Brandy right now so this is me shooting the $h!t with friends over some drinks. I just do not see how you win anything going down this road no matter how right you might be!

The customer in question is dropping the F-Bomb on public airwaves obviously he is not a class act!

Notice also that Mike is teaching in this video he is not just telling you his poop does not stink, everyone else is wrong, and all my services are secret you looser. That is how you come off in all of your video's Mark/Hardrive. As long as you are hiding behind "my techniques are secret" line you are not going to have too many people like you or even wanting to listen to you!

Last edited:
I was not going to respond to this since I like you and I like Mike!

Well Obviously Mark/Hardrive the customer is talking out his rear and has no clue what you are actually doing or what Mike is actually doing. In the case of Mike I am am sure he he is doing a lot more than he films and in your case you keep everything secret so how would anyone know short of purchasing your services and reverse engineering? So he obviously can not say you two are doing the same thing. I doubt he truly even understands what is being done.

We would have too send one radio to you and the desired mic and the exact same thing to Mike. They we would have to run them A-B at the same time on the same coax and antenna etc...at the same time etc...Even then what sounds better is rather subjective

If that is the radio from Mikes video the audio was only very very mildly modified and it was done with the stock mic not a Heil and it was definitely not going through a mixer either. We all know that you can not just toss what you want on a radio and think it will sound better because the mic is expensive or you because you tossed a mixer on it!

Other than to get a parametric eq I do not know why anyone would want to add a mixer to their radio unless they want to sample or record their audio easily through an aux channel on output on the mixer. An eq is one thing a mixer is another ball of wax and is for the most part a waste on a radio what does he plan to "mix" into the radio not like you have multiple audio channels you need to mix into the radio like you would doing music as a DJ, professional broadcasting or recording in a studio etc....

On top of all of that why would you get butt hurt over a clueless customer. You are starting to sound like those idiots on CB only forums and amplifier groupie forums and such!

At some point I would like to send you are radio but most of my gear though is gear you would not work on but Mike does. I do a lot of things myself which is why I have invested in some decent gear and am going to take online classes. Even my NOS radio are not anything you would work on. I have to purchase something you will actually work on before I try out your services. I am not a Stryker, Connex,Galaxy sort of guy.

You should just ignore this sort of thing it never makes a Tech look good when they beat up on someone elses ignorant customer it is not as Mike himself said anything about your tune. It is kind of like winning an argument against a fool or a little kid in public no matter how right you are it just looks bad. Better to just ignore people on the radio talking out of their rear about things they are clueless about!

Video of the radio I think we are hearing in the above clip.

Take care! Oh and this is not meant to be a negative post. I am drinking some Brandy right now so this is me shooting the $h!t with friends over some drinks. I just do not see how you win anything going down this road no matter how right you might be!

The customer in question is dropping the F-Bomb on public airwaves obviously he is not a class act!

Notice also that Mike is teaching in this video he is not just telling you his poop does not stink, everyone else is wrong, and all my services are secret you looser. That is how you come off in all of your video's Mark/Hardrive. As long as you are hiding behind "my techniques are secret" line you are not going to have too many people like you or even wanting to listen to you!

Totally understood. I agree about the foul language. I guess I was too lazy to edit the curse words, but wanted to preserve the audio without altering it. BTW I agree Mike is an excellent repair and troubleshooting guy.

I would pay a little extra for something I could never get as a child but I would still have some common sense about the item. If the markup is 500% or more I won't touch it over the principal.

QUOTE="rabbiporkchop, post: 614687, member: 2679"]Kinda like your lack of integrity when you say Mike's tune would make my radio perform better? I'll choose reality over delusions any day. That's integrity.
[/QUOTE]

There is already another post with this argument and it has 500 replies. Can we leave this alone yet?

I would pay a little extra for something I could never get as a child but I would still have some common sense about the item. If the markup is 500% or more I won't touch it over the principal.

QUOTE="rabbiporkchop, post: 614687, member: 2679"]Kinda like your lack of integrity when you say Mike's tune would make my radio perform better? I'll choose reality over delusions any day. That's integrity.

There is already another post with this argument and it has 500 replies. Can we leave this alone yet?[/QUOTE]

mark must be giving pro tunes lol why not just buy a new radio.
and a simple alignment. no super tunes pro tuned. it not rocket science.
like some people like to say. its all snake oil.. at the end of the day its a cb radio

There is already another post with this argument and it has 500 replies. Can we leave this alone yet?

like some people like to say. its all snake oil.. at the end of the day its a cb radio[/QUOTE]

If I was spending that kind of money I wouldn't buy a cb. I'd be starting my ham collection. I agree there. I might pay (a little) extra for an untouched, like new classic though.

Reactions: Unit 194

like some people like to say. its all snake oil.. at the end of the day its a cb radio[/QUOTE]
When all is said and done you guys are accusing me of being a shill when in reality if what you said was true you would be able to produce audio clips from 10 other technicians that sound just as good but you have failed to do so which reinforces my position that those technicians do not exist and which makes you the shill for the "Church of all technicians are the same".

I apologize for not having the same religious beliefs as you. I try to stay in reality here on planet Earth. Whenever you can produce those non-existent audio clips you might be able to convince me there are other folks capable of doing this but until those audio clips manifest themselves I think it's safe to assume they do not exist.

A real tech can wideband a transmitter and not have annoying sibilance. When the customer puts a crap mic on his "anytone sssixty sssixss sssixty sssixss" all bets are off.

Rpc has told me that my wideband transmitter is inefficient and he's not wrong. However the last video shows the frequency response of his and Mark's radio is beyond 5khz. That's a 10khz wide AM signal. Unfortunately all they seem to emphasize is the annoying sibilance and not the good high end frequencies. Anyone with a clue sees the hyprocisy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.