• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Atlantic to the Pacific........

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Excellent conditions yesterday!!
Worked AZORES IS (75 div)
Worked Curacao (347 div) newest addition to the DXCC.
Worked Uruguay (12 div)
Worked Puerto Rico (11 div)
Also various stations in Australia.

St Maarten (348 div)was activate too (also new addition to the DXCC), but he was jammed with European stations - will try again today.

Last edited:

10/17/10

just worked c91ms on 10 meters
100 watts and a 3 element tribander:)
got him on the FIRST call:D
14,500 Km from TN (em55) to Mozambique (kg64)

Made contact with Maui, Hawaii today from Cape Kennedy, Florida

World Radio 000 ( Triple Zero ). ( OK conditions )

World Radio 1212 ( Derrick ) on the South Coast of Maui. ( VERY good conditions ! )....We have been hearing 1212 for about two weeks in the evenings....Happy I finally got my chance to talk to him.

10m was nuts.

Worked a gaggle of stations in Dominican Republic and Brazil.

If I had a dipole up, I'd probably have more luck than with my measly vertical antenna.

Well I made it! Got the 348 div this morning - St Maarten Is.
Now - where's Bonaire Is and Saba/Eustatius Is.........there next!

Well Robb - it was getting boring just hearing Brazil mostly this morning, so I went to 540 and just sat there and waited for the 348 div to come on.

I don't get to excited about S. America now days, I am just looking for one more country there, GUYANA, then I will be done with that continent.

10 meter was good for a spell, got California from here in PA and heard Hawaii but could not get them. I have an A99 up right now while I build a beam.

AP

10 meter was good for a spell, got California from here in PA and heard Hawaii but could not get them. I have an A99 up right now while I build a beam.

AP

Aahh, same! Was that Hawaii station operating at a volcano park by any chance?

I must say, I'm quite happy with my Maco V58. I work a lot of guys with A99s on 10 with S9+60. :D

office888, Yea I think He was operating from there. I love my maco too but it is down so I can put my beam up. The A99 is a temp ant for now.where you located?

AP

office888, Yea I think He was operating from there. I love my maco too but it is down so I can put my beam up. The A99 is a temp ant for now.where you located?

AP

SW Michigan. Not a bad skip if I do say so myself!

Do you have that 4el up yet, or are you still trying to figure out the calculations?

I sometimes catch PA / NY / MA in the morning. :D

28.490 worked nh7ro today, he is not at the park.
and then worked D4C just a minute later on same freq

CRAZY band today

This was on 17 Oct. I normally would have stopped to say hi and confirm a contact, but I was on a roll with Central / South America!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.