• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Attic Dipole

How long is the dipole from end to end? If it is not very long I guarantee you only think it works great on 80m. :) The OP is talking about just a dipole for CB.

I have a doublet installed which a lot of people call a dipole but since it is non-resonant and fed with ladder line it is called a doublet. It is about 120 feet end to end and is in an inverted V fashion with the apex at 65 feet. It does work fairly well even on 80m but I can't wait to get my yagis up in the summer.
Actually my dipole is called a shorty 80/40. It is only 70 feet long made by Maple Leaf Communications. It is made for just 80 and 40 without a tuner, but I have had very good luck with it on 20 with a tuner.

Actually my dipole is called a shorty 80/40. It is only 70 feet long made by Maple Leaf Communications. It is made for just 80 and 40 without a tuner, but I have had very good luck with it on 20 with a tuner.

FB I was hoping you weren't saying that a regular 11m dipole was working great on 80m. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.