• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Audio Feed in Mobile

sdmahr

Dec 14, 2012
So this is almost too simple to share, but I like the results so much I thought I would post. (Forgive me if its been shared before)

My car has a small AUXILLARY input jack which my Daughter used to always plug her I-Phone in to listen to music. I never used it.....but it still had the cord hanging out of it and I looked down and thought: "Wonder if that would plug into the External Speaker of my SSB Transceiver ??"

I plugged it in and yes, it fed nice receive into the car stereo....but just on one side, (output of radio is MONO vs Stereo). I went to Radio Rat and bought a mono plug and soldered it on the radio end of the wire. Now I have nice rich sounding receive through the car stereo system. I can use the equalizer to get the sound "just how I like it". Beats the hell out of the crappy transceiver speaker or having to mount a external speaker in the car ! !

Its amazing how much more I can hear with all 4 speakers in the car working to distribute the receive !

So this is almost too simple to share, but I like the results so much I thought I would post. (Forgive me if its been shared before)

My car has a small AUXILLARY input jack which my Daughter used to always plug her I-Phone in to listen to music. I never used it.....but it still had the cord hanging out of it and I looked down and thought: "Wonder if that would plug into the External Speaker of my SSB Transceiver ??"

I plugged it in and yes, it fed nice receive into the car stereo....but just on one side, (output of radio is MONO vs Stereo). I went to Radio Rat and bought a mono plug and soldered it on the radio end of the wire. Now I have nice rich sounding receive through the car stereo system. I can use the equalizer to get the sound "just how I like it". Beats the hell out of the crappy transceiver speaker or having to mount a external speaker in the car ! !

Its amazing how much more I can hear with all 4 speakers in the car working to distribute the receive !

You should have just picked up a mono-to-stereo adapter and avoided the soldering. That way you could preserve the stereo input for other things if the situation should arise.

Reactions: 1 person
You should have just picked up a mono-to-stereo adapter and avoided the soldering. That way you could preserve the stereo input for other things if the situation should arise.

I don't use it for anything in "STEREO". That was my Daughters doing.

Do I remember cassettes??? Hell, I had 8-tracks ! ! ! (Vinyl too ! !)

The best was quadra sonic. Panasonis did the 4 chanel for a year or two never cought on. Used and 8 track style cartrige had 2 chanels where stero 8 track had 4 and some how played 4 chanels for a true quad sound . Olny had a few tapes Edgar Winter Frankenstein was one

The best was quadra sonic. Panasonis did the 4 chanel for a year or two never cought on. Used and 8 track style cartrige had 2 chanels where stero 8 track had 4 and some how played 4 chanels for a true quad sound . Olny had a few tapes Edgar Winter Frankenstein was one
I still own a Quadrophonic reel to reel and it still works.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow Grogan ! Now your dating us , Edgar Winter " Frankenstein " was the best on quad sound . If I remember right I took some our wedding money an bought one when they came out .lol

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

I have been doing this for years before AUX inputs. Just got a cassette adapter and I was good to go. You all remember cassettes right?

Still use that exact same thing in our honda accord '96. Use it to plug in a mp3 player.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.