• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AudioShockWave........

Did you try to call?73
Jeff
Oh yes I tired calling, but of course the beam was heading N.W., when I went south to you, then all I heard was Texas.

Right now Japan is really strong here - all AM and of course no English. Just worked a station in the Philippines, but not a very good signal tho.

Did you try to call? I had most of the eastern United States blasting away this afternoon.....and I am sure I heard Marconi, he was talking about a Astroplane and getting Aluminum tubing and then he talked to 427 i think....I made several calls, and one time I think he heard me....but there where too many stations in there on 38 LSB....in fact I call still hear all kinds of stations blasting away from the radio room as I am typing this message........

Jeff

Hello Jeff. I was talking to CDX 007, Scott. We talked about him sending Bob85 an AstroPlane. I did hear your Jeff or someone told me that you had called for Marconi. BTW I paid $25.00 just to send the AstroPlane hub over to Bob85, I can't imagine what the whole antenna will cost.

Scott you were really strong into Houston today and when you made your call I thought it must be somebody in the neighborhood. After we talked the conditions got even stronger. I talked to so many I don't remember who. My old AstroPlane was working good today. I hooked up with a guy named Richard in Hawaii and he just popped up calling Ole' Grandpa.

I missed you Larry, but I did call for you figuring you had to be out there.

It's been fun talking to forum members on the radio this week,

I talked to 'hookedon6' on 28.400mhz a couple of times this week. Just keyed up both times on two different days and called CQ/DX - then boom - there he was! Instant responses, and no one else on the band. From CA to TN. Talked about antennas for 6m - of course.

Today, I heard someone call 'CDX-390 Texas' on 27.385mhz/LSB. I knew that number sounded familiar. Then I called back to him and we shifted freq's. It was 'Marconi', so we gabbed a little bit until conditions began to change for the worse. Hope to talk again - even longer tomorrow - Marconi!

Had a long QSO with a new member here on the forum. 'BR_549' in TX. One of the best - if not the best - audio you can imagine on SSB. He uses a periodic antenna, a huge beast. Talked for 20 minutes. Catch him if you can.

Then, this afternoon I heard someone call 'CDX-339'. I knew that number somewhere on this forum before, so I asked him if he was a member of the WWRF. Think he said 'no'. I said that I was a moderator on that forum and that his call number was very familiar to me. He wigged out a bit and then said 'What; you're a moderator on the WWRF?!? What is your name?!?' I said R O B B. He told me he was AudioShockWave/Jeff. We both laughed. That was cool. Talked for 10-15 after that. Great signal from his mobile.

Larry/WR-178 is a regular in these parts when North/South skip is in. When it is, we talk just about every day. Or even several times in one day.

Hope to talk to even more members in the future.

Well actually I can not talk to any one in California at this time of the year, even tho I do hear lots of them on backscatter. When I turn the beam down their way, they disappear.

Right now as I writing this, there is lots of stations coming in from S. Cal, but they are on back scatter and I just swung the beam south and they "poof" - all gone!

the best chance of working them is pointing the beam at the source of the backscatter where the signal is strongest.

I thought you asked me if I had a World Radio Number, and I said no, that I was a member of the old CDX Club LOL.
It was good talking to you today as well.

ajm1571
I was in the Mobile for a while today and worked more stations than I can remember there was so much traffic on 38 LSB that it had to just pick out the stations that busted the pile up.
If you hear me again....keep trying, I try to answer any call I hear, and we can always move up to 39 or 40.
It would make 38 much less congested if every one would us it as a call channel and then move of to another channel in the 35 to 40 range.

jeff

Thats what me and NB67 did. I heard him go to .395 and I followed an tagged him :) I did hear BR549, 667 and 437 all at teh same time while mobile this evening. dx was weird before 10pm est. LOL

Ya...lots of stations from the states.
I was on 27.400 talking for just about 1 hr. - got tired and turned the beam North - then just shut the radio off!

Will turn it back in about 1 hr - North Pacific should be coming in by then (2:00pm PST)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.