• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Austin Texas to Karachi Pakistan

Thank you sir. I really like my 2510. Always wondered what the fuss was about. Not that the setup had anything to do with this contact.

captain, don't gamma matches cause this pattern skew on beams?

we have talked about the beta matches and I know you and i have built these before(from another thread) and it seems to me when i put a beta on my 3 element beam back in the 70's it really helped my pattern and point of my beam.

captain, don't gamma matches cause this pattern skew on beams?

we have talked about the beta matches and I know you and i have built these before(from another thread) and it seems to me when i put a beta on my 3 element beam back in the 70's it really helped my pattern and point of my beam.

A beta match CAN help clean up the pattern and some gamma fed yagis are skewed a bit but the difference is not all that much. I know where you are going with that but IMHO it is just not enough to make a hill of beans difference. The mast and surrounding environment as well as the feedline placement probably accounts for some skewing regardless regardless of the feed type used.

So are you saying it wouldn't be in the correct direction? I will look at the beam with my compass tomorrow. I don't have a rotor on it and am not sure the exact direction, but I think I had put it east/northeast.

Ok. So using my iphone compass its pointed approximately 22-24 degrees. Does that make it more or less likely?

That is a big difference from the original statement of "east" which is what I was going on. Depending on whether that is a true bearing or magnetic ( I suspect magnetic|) it is between damn near on and close enough to not matter much at all. IOW a LOT more likely in both cases.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.