• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Auto antenna tuner with a mobile export?

I really appreciate everybody's thoughtful answers. They have been quite helpful about selecting an antenna tuner and I learned a few things about antennas also. I'm taking my General test this Saturday so every little bit is welcome.

I'm thinking I'll go with fourstringburn and w9cll's advice. I'm only operating on 2 adjacent bands and the auto tuners don't seem to be ruggedly built.
This being an example and what I've read of MFJ would be no different:

I'm going to try making the Calculating SWR meter I mentioned earlier. I priced out the parts and looks to be under $25. I'm going to start a new Post in the 'Home Brew' section. So any of you engineer types are welcome to come on over if you can.

The War Wagon,
Nice 4x4 truck you have. What year is it? Mine is a '89 with almost 200K miles. I prefer the older ones. Don't care about another scratch or dent and there built tougher than new trucks.

My Yaesu FC-40 has better inductor stability than that SGC unit. I only had it open once to reset the CPU to clear all the memories but took advantage of it to look things all over.

I

The War Wagon,
Nice 4x4 truck you have. What year is it? Mine is a '89 with almost 200K miles. I prefer the older ones. Don't care about another scratch or dent and there built tougher than new trucks.

Next-to-last one - it's a '92. First year for the 318 Magnum, so the MPFI makes wheeling at funny angles easier; no fuel running out of the float bowl of the carb!

I'm just jealous you get to run desert! LOT more opportunities for dents & creases in the Alleghenies. I'd like to NOT wad it up my first time out, after spending 9 years to get it to this point!

What few RC's are left are mostly in OK, TX, and the desert sw; lotta guys make old school pre-runners out of 'em. They all rusted away up here. This is what I inherited, back in late '06!!! :eek:

badside_zps45968928.jpg

gotpaint_zps39efe7cd.jpg

REAR_zpsb73f6fed.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.