• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

avanti av-190 saturn

It worked fairly well, the noise level dropped off a little.The gain figure on the Saturn is only 5.14.Just a little more than the 5.0 of the old Starduster.I run an original Avanti Astro Plane now that I got NIB.

Keep us posted on how the AP works out.

It worked fairly well, the noise level dropped off a little.The gain figure on the Saturn is only 5.14.Just a little more than the 5.0 of the old Starduster.I run an original Avanti Astro Plane now that I got NIB.

what did you do with the av-190? im looking to buy one asap

has anyone still have the saturn ? I have one new in the box . Is their any mods or upgrades to the antenna? how does it perform compared to others? the design of the antenna is amazing. I would luv to hear input and experiences about the item !Luv to set it up but is it worth it or leave it boxed . I have other antennas to play with but i need best one to put up . EX: super penetrator 500 , LW-150, RS Crossbow , Antron 99, or Trix stick . thanks

has anyone still have the saturn ? I have one new in the box . Is their any mods or upgrades to the antenna? how does it perform compared to others? the design of the antenna is amazing. I would luv to hear input and experiences about the item !Luv to set it up but is it worth it or leave it boxed . I have other antennas to play with but i need best one to put up . EX: super penetrator 500 , LW-150, RS Crossbow , Antron 99, or Trix stick . thanks

Sanman, have you ever compared the performance for your Penetrator 500 vs. the LW 150?

Concerning the AV 190, Bob had one, maybe he's tested it out.

No i haven't Mr. Maconi , i would luv too. The only antennas id used was The CROSSBOW, ANTRON 99, THE TRICK STICK, AND THE 500. The best of all was the PEN.500 . The pen 500 is the first edition made that had 3 section radials for the ground plane. I wanted to set up the lw-150 but it was to damn big to handle and heard alot of the antenna breaking apart. I also have the saturn that looks like a jig saw puzzle but very interesting to build . What caught my eye about the antenna was a omni- directional beam that doesnt need a rotor ! I also have a PDL-2 that was thinking of setting up to have the best of both worlds. I have all these antennas and none of them up so im debating which one and how to set them up . I really have anyone to fall back to since ive been off the air for a long time in new york. planning to get my ticket but l luv to shoot skip . Not to much a local talker but dabbled into cb for a long time and loved it

was looking at the av190-saturn on cbtricks.com, that sure is an interesting animal. i am not familiar with it.

i have an old sigma II laying around i have not used in a very long time but if i remember right the radiator on that sigma II looks like the vertical radiator on the av190, so i would reckon gain should be about the same on both vertical.

if the horizonatal works then you should only need one antenna to work both polarizations.

if you have an extra mast laying around give it a try and post up, alot of help here on the forum and alot of interested folks.

good luck, enjoy.

THANKS GAMEGETTER, I HAVE A FEW ANTENNAS THAT I HAVE , DEBATING ON WHICH ONE. I FIGURED ON STARTING SIMPLE BUT IM IN TIGHT QUARTERS. THE BACKYARD HAS A CLOTHES LINE LADDER IN THE CORNER, ITS 20 FEET HIGH , THINKING OF USING A PUSH UP MAST OR ADDING A FEW TV MASTS FROM RS . USING GUY WIRES ISNT GOING TO WORK BUT MAKE IT FREESTANDING WITH THE LADDER. TRY TO FABRICATE MAKING A POORMANS TOWER. IM HOPING TO MAKE 30 FT OFF THE GROUND. ONCE I HAVE SOMETHING SET UP THE WAY I WANT IT, A PERMANENT FIXTURE, THEN ILL DEFIANTLY SET THE SATURN UP THIS SUMMER HOPEFULLY . WWDX IS A NEW HOME FOR ME TO TRY OUT AND SHARE THE INFO.

DOES ANYONE THINK THE HORIZONTAL SIDE WORKS WELL FOR SKIP ? AS ADVERTIZED. I HAVE A HILL FACING NORTH WEST THAT BLOCKS MY LINE OF SIGHT, WOULD THIS HELP LIKE A BEAM ANTENNA WOULD? THE REASON Y I ASK IS LINE OF SIGHT WORKS BETTER FOR VERTICALS . I MIGHT BE WRONG , NEED INPUT . THANKS

DID ANYBODY EVER MADE A OMNI FLAT SIDE BEAM BEFORE?

Omni and Beam are antonyms, but I get your question. Because the Saturn is 3 full wave horizontal elements it should provide a lower TOA than would 2-3 element Yagi mounted only 15' high or so, so it may not get you up & over that hill as well as a 2-3 element beam.
It is convenient for working horizontal beams in all directions.

Yes others have made horizontal omni antennas, check out msquared

DID ANYBODY EVER MADE A OMNI FLAT SIDE BEAM BEFORE?

When I first attempted to build a 4 element yagi many years ago, I think I had trouble getting all the directors to be in phase, and when that happened I sensed that the beam, which was horizontal, responded like an omni. No matter where I pointed it, with some exceptions, the signals were all virtually the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.