• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Back Swing

4600turbo

Aug 27, 2006
What causes a back swing on a radio or radio attached to an amp?

I saw one go from 7s signal then modulate to a 3s signal. It sounded as if it was a 7s signal though.

ok this what a friend saw on his radio meter and I see it also on my receive end from his radio.

I put a meter on my radio and amp and it's swings forward on the dosy meter, but he sees a backward swing on his meter at about 15 miles away.

I'm probably driving my amp to hard for sure.

Got to get a bigger AMP!

its the radio thats doing it not the amp. turn down the deadkey on the radio. avg meters will show forward swing when there is forward swing. my motorola does just fine.

Carl said:
its the radio thats doing it not the amp. turn down the deadkey on the radio. avg meters will show forward swing when there is forward swing. my motorola does just fine.

The Dosy meter shows forward swing. It's just on someone Else's receive that it shows backward swing when we're 10 to 15 miles apart.

I guess I'm not making myself clear enough.

you may need to lower your mike gain / modulation if you can adjust it, it will lower the swing, maybe you are swinging to much.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.