• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base & Mobile

bigwheel82

Feb 24, 2011
North East Corner
My daily runners.:w00t: Trying out one of those Mega Watt "switching" power supply's.:blink: I've only had it since the 12th and I don't use it alot, but it's nice and small and so far is doing the trick!:pop:

Attachments

• IMG_0112 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0112 (640x480).jpg
    279 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0754 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0754 (640x480).jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_3645 (640x426).jpg
    IMG_3645 (640x426).jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 263

It's a Sony speaker from a home theater system that adds all the sound clarity you could ever ask for from a cb. You haven't heard cb till you've tried a really nice external speaker system. I use a computer speaker setup in the house with a subwoofer to obtain the lows. Works quite well.

Reactions: 2 people
My daily runners.:w00t: Trying out one of those Mega Watt "switching" power supply's.:blink: I've only had it since the 12th and I don't use it alot, but it's nice and small and so far is doing the trick!:pop:

Nice shack and much neater than mine ..... Don't let my wife see it :laugh:

Shacks tend to grow as you find more toys ....

Attachments

• station4.jpg
    station4.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 222
I have one of those power supplys. I have my 2800, cb and foot warmer all hooked up to it, and it does just fine:D

same here

i bought the 400. works well. its amazing how light it is.
i am very happy with it.

How do you like your extreme 2018 mic?

The mic is actually pretty nice. The effects on it are great, and the tone that the mic gives even without using effects is great aswell. Often times my buddies and I have tried different mics, only to come back to the 2018 just for it's clear clean audio. So far the S-400 power supply is holding up very well. I'm really quite suprised. I think I may get another one and get rid of or sideline my Pyramid 20A. Got some new things on the horizon as far as my antenna goes. Waiting on a GPRK from Maco that they "claim" makes the A99 or any glass antenna perform like an aluminum tenna, so I'm going to put that to the test when it comes in. This is such a fun hobby but there's ALWAYS something else!

Attachments

• IMG_0055 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0055 (640x480).jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 212
I've been useing a switching power supply for about 6months now,
Works great with my 2 pill and my radio, put my Pyramid back in the closet(y)

Bought two of them on e bay. 1 runs my 257hp and the other is running as a power supply for the desk for fans meters and stuff. I wish they had a higher amp version.
:sad:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.