• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beam Ant.

In my local area here all cb beam owners have them
mounted Verticle. Except 1 guy who has a PDL-2.
Jo-Gunn 5 conventional, Jo-Gunn 4 Conventional.
We are all about 3 miles apart.
I out-talk them all in DX with my I-10K almost everytime.
The guy with the PDL-2 runs his on the verticle side.
He's to lazy to switch to the Horz. side while talking
DX, so, i can't comment on how well it does on Horz.
Now, local talking is a different story. Verticle Beams
are better.
So, you probably want to construct or buy something
with both Horz and Verticle.

I use a Maco Comet because of space limitations, and am very pleased with it. I use a TV type rotator and so far (going on 6 months) so good. The others mentioned before me are good choises also. 73s....Pluto.

has anybody have any experiance with the maco Y quad. i have one in the box new and i just picked uped a nice used 40' tower. i already have an antron 99 that i can regularly talk local as much as 80 miles here in maryland. would i be better of getting a 6 element gizmotchy or a shooting star. i want to get the best bang for the buck on my tower. working on a budget for antenna of about $ 350. i do have the y quad already is it worth it.

How about a Signal Engineering White Lightning? You can have it for $200.00 plus shipping. The antenna was never assembled, although the boom was stored outside in a shed for a short period of time.

The antenna sells for $345.00 from the factory.

960 is supposed to buy it, but I have not heard back from him in some time. I sent him another e-mail, but if I don't hear from him, its all yours!

I'll take come pictures of it today and post them on here.

sorry for the late response marconi, it was the super hawk and it held up great in the frozen tundra here in NE wisconsin. the most important thing i can tell anyone is either pre stretch the wires or use flex weave wire less you want to be bringingg it back down to re-tune.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.