• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bearcat BCD396XT scanner antenna question

212Dan

Oct 22, 2011
I am a happy owner of a uniden bearcay bcd396xt handheld scanner, the thing is, is when some agencies use simplex and not repeaters there signal breks up, what antenna can i use to help those signal problems? i am asking about a internal not a outside antenna.

Thanks

What frequency range?? VHF, UHF, 800MHz ????

In all honesty your best reception would come from an outside antenna as high as possible.

dan,

if i understand you correctly, u would like to replace the antenna on the hand held scanner to improve reception while still being able to be mobile...

if the HH scanner has a short rubber duckie type antenna, a small improvement may be had by going to a longer one if available for it i am not familiar with the unit. how much improvement remains to be seen by trying it.

i am not sure that it would be worth it really.

when you are on the fringe of a signal pattern,,, gaining elevation, improving line of sight, or getting closer may be the best options.

best of luck hope this helps a bit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.