• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Before I go and rack my old brain too much can someone help me??

Cotton Mouth

Mar 8, 2007
I want to try and use my Extreme 2018 Microphone with my Lincoln. Can anyone tell me how to wire the microphone to my Lincoln?

I know this much with the Lincoln:

Pin 1-Audio
Pin 2-Ground
Pin 3-PTT/TX
Pin 4-up
Pin 5-Down

I know this much with the RF Limited 2018 Extreme:

Wire Color:
Black Wire, = PTT Common Ground
Shield Wire, = Ground
Yellow Wire (if available), = Ground
Red Wire, = Microphone Audio Output
Blue Wire, = PTT Recieve

This is where I got lost. I know that I won't be able to use the up and down channel buttons but is there anyway I can use everything else the Microphone offers, like the echo and talk back would really be what I would like to try. Is there a way a guy can jump a couple pins on the microphone jack on the radio or a couple pins on the microphone pins or both I can jump to get this Extreme 2018 to work with my Lincoln.

My lincoln is Doc tuned and also has the chip switch in it if that makes any difference.

As always, thanks in advance.

Cotton Mouth.

I'll give it a shot CM

Seeing as you're not listing a RX connection on the Lincoln, then I guess you lose all RX when there is no mic plugged in?

Alright, then looks like you need to do this ?

1) Red
2) Shield
3) Black

Blue and Yellow - no connection OR also put Yellow to 2 along with the bare shield.

Try it and see if either of these two work. It either will or it won't with no harm done.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply, Do you think I'm better off to wire the microphone dirctly to a 5 pin microphone plug or go ahead and use a 4 pin plig thats on the microphone cable now with a adaptor?

Cotton Mouth.

I want to try and use my Extreme 2018 Microphone with my Lincoln. Can anyone tell me how to wire the microphone to my Lincoln?

I know this much with the Lincoln:

Pin 1-Audio
Pin 2-Ground
Pin 3-PTT/TX
Pin 4-up
Pin 5-Down

I know this much with the RF Limited 2018 Extreme:

Wire Color:
Black Wire, = PTT Common Ground
Shield Wire, = Ground
Yellow Wire (if available), = Ground
Red Wire, = Microphone Audio Output
Blue Wire, = PTT Recieve

This is where I got lost. I know that I won't be able to use the up and down channel buttons but is there anyway I can use everything else the Microphone offers, like the echo and talk back would really be what I would like to try. Is there a way a guy can jump a couple pins on the microphone jack on the radio or a couple pins on the microphone pins or both I can jump to get this Extreme 2018 to work with my Lincoln.

My lincoln is Doc tuned and also has the chip switch in it if that makes any difference.

As always, thanks in advance.

Cotton Mouth.
You can use the up/down function by drilling 2 small holes and mounting momentary switches, combine the ground wires of those switches and tying back to the via the shield and then connect the other 2 switch wires back to the up/down wires back to the radio.

Oh yes indeed. When all else fails, take a $90 mic and fetch yer drill and start drilling holes in it.

CM there are alot of these 4 pin-to-whatever mic adapters around and I have used several of them, but they all seem geared to the (4 wire modern Cobra/Uniden/Galaxy) ~ to whatever radio the particular adapter says it's made for. I haven't seen one that I recall that matches the two pieces you have.

black.....ptt common
shield....ground
red.....audio
white.....transmit
blue....receive.

you made no mention of the white wire.

this is for the 2018 extreme.no other mic.just so we are clear:whistle:

Wire Weasel,
Is what I was meaning is I have a 5 pin microphone plug here that would match up to the 5 pin microphone jack on my Lincoln. I'm not that good with a drill making a 4 pin plug into a 5 pin mic plug.

Thanks,

Cotton Mouth.

Oh yes indeed. When all else fails, take a $90 mic and fetch yer drill and start drilling holes in it.

CM there are alot of these 4 pin-to-whatever mic adapters around and I have used several of them, but they all seem geared to the (4 wire modern Cobra/Uniden/Galaxy) ~ to whatever radio the particular adapter says it's made for. I haven't seen one that I recall that matches the two pieces you have.
why not wire the the 5 pin connector to the 5 pin jack in the radio?, der! and if lincoln did it then CM can do it despite the cost factor if he wants up/down selector function.

This guy works at Walcott so I'm sure he knows how to wire it.
walcottcb_dave.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't have any problem doing that and I don't realy care if I would have up and down channels either but could you tell me how and what wire to what pin and so on in order to wire it for a 5 pin?

Thanks,

Cotton Mouth.

I wouldn't have any problem doing that and I don't realy care if I would have up and down channels either but could you tell me how and what wire to what pin and so on in order to wire it for a 5 pin?

Thanks,

Cotton Mouth.
pin1 red
pin2 shield
pin 3 blue
pin 4 not used
pin 5 not used

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.