• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Behringer Eq's

Behringer has good gear and bad gear. Sort of like MFJ, they have some items that are solid and some that are not.

I would stick to what you see recommended to avoid any of their noisier pieces of gear.

I used an Ultracurve and their Intelligates extensively with great results. Their two channel 1U compressors were good enough for a rock show too. Any of those would be just great for ham use.

When you get into the pocket sized wall-wart powered gear that a lot of people like Behringer/ART/Alesis make, you can run into noise issues.

Just don't be too quick to discount mics or other gear as soooo many guys just do not know how to set up properly. W2IHY gear sounds fantastic when dialed in properly, there are tons of people out there that just don't have a clue what to do with them though. The EQ-Plus and the 8band are very commonly misconfigured and sound like garbage in that state.

I've heard RE-20 setups with another grand in rack gear on a FT-1000 sound like mud because the operator doesn't know what he is doing. I've heard $39 Shure mics and a W2IHY box on a FT-897 sound like a broadcast station. It's all in the setup and how the operator's voice works with the gear.

Re: hi fi eq

351_bear said:
can you use the behringers on am mode aswell I hear alot of stations using eq's like motormouth and doc adams and some otheres

Sure, just know the passband of your radio as EQ will only really work within the passband range. I actually don't know the width for AM or CB.

You'll also need something like this http://w2ihy.com/ibox.asp to match the impedance of the signal to the radio input.

Re: hi fi eq

351_bear said:
can you use the behringers on am mode aswell I hear alot of stations using eq's like motormouth and doc adams and some otheres

yes u can... I run behringer on AM all the time 5 pice set..i Have a Johnson Transmitter and it sounds sweet...I also run it on my Cobra 29 and it sounds good....Prime loves the way my Radio sounds and Doc too... if you hear my gates you will hear alot of guys use'n rack stuff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.