• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best CB Shop dribble I've heard yet...

really hate to bust some'a you guyz bubbles but an echo board does help you understand what's said better. Every thing get's repeated at least twice... right/right?

Reactions: 1 person
I have no clue what "shop" this was because I only caught the discussion during skip, but thought it was worth posting...I can only say for sure it was coming from Texas.

Late last week a CB Shop and (what I assumed to be a) truck driver were having a conversation regarding a newer Galaxy radio. The shop insisted they could get a ton of power out of these newer radios with their special mods. Right as I was starting to lose the conversation, the shop said clear as day: "...this radio will make so much power you will need to run two antennas, one for transmit and the other for receive..."

Maybe that's my problem, I have only one antenna? :D

The sad problem is, most CB shops "take advantage" of truck drivers and feed them b.s. of everything from you must have 18 ft of coax to you must run oil cooled antennas to no radio w/o chrome and blue lights will do anymore than 20 watts out of the box. I even read on another board the other day, that a CB shop tried telling a trucker that A higher SWR means you're getting out farther. REALLY??????? I guess these CB shops must make a killing off selling pure snake oil, and figure since truckers are often on the road, and usually not very skilled in how a CB transceiver actually works, they'll not be back anytime soon.

So let's "git um in an' git um out" says Bubba at Bubba's snip n clip, hack and whack CB butcher shop. Where Bubba, the certified hacknician, will turn all the pots to the right, clip the modulation limiter, spread all the coils open, and then show you some crazy wild number on his pre-set (what he wants you to see, not the truth) happy meter. Then when you, mr. truck driver, get done creaming in your pants at the excitement of thinking you're going to be king daddy of the airwaves along whatever stretch of interstate you're on, gladly hand over your money. Cha-ching! You've been had, the hacknician hands you back and now screwed up splattering radio, and the hacknician just made an easy score. Oh and BTW, Bubba also recommends that new tweety bird noise toy, so you can really be the coolest cat on the airwaves.

I got permanently banned from a CB shop once because i challenged the shop owners knowledge of antenna gain and bandwidth concerning the A 99.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.