• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best DX contact of my life......!

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
I'm from a small town in Bladen County NC. I moved to Nashville TN 13 years ago to play music. Tonite I was sitting at my kitchen table with a guitar amp torn all to pieces replacing all the caps and I hear a station in NC talking DX. So I go over to the radio and turn to my home channel from NC which is 17 and I start calling for DX. I get 260 one county over from my home county. Then I hear my buddy Sewing Machine man. So I'm talking to one of my old buds feom back home and my phone rings it's my 78 year old mother saying she hears me on the radio. So I'm sitting here on the phone with my mother listening to myself on her radio.!!!!!! Unreal....! So he calls for me on the radio and I hear her..! We hang up the phones and talk to eachother on the radio...! I'm in Hendersonville TN she was in Elizabethtown NC....! Man that was so awesome!!!! I just loved it..! Charlie Brown is happy bout talking to his mama on the cb in skip land.

Sweet man i talk to alot of guys that have moved from the bay area and it always makes them feel good to talk back home....

Short contacts like that are a result of Sporadic E layer propagation. Basicaly low hanging clouds ( invisible to naked eye ) of ionization in the atmpsphere. I can remember a lot of that happening during cycle 22 during the evening hours even just after dark.

What a blast!

As much as you enjoyed it your mom most likely enjoyed it more talking to her son. Thats to cool having a mom thats into radios! Im happy for both of you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.