• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best for noise..

Splash1

Jun 11, 2006
we,ve all heard that the 2950dx and mag257 are the most stable especaily on ssb but the ranger is famous for white noise and the mag for picking up engine noise..whats the most stable one out there and also quite..

Quiet generally means it can't hear.

Improve an antenna and what do you get? More noise.

Improve the receiver of a rig and what do you get? More noise.

Just something to keep in mind.

Try getting rid of the device creating the noise. I did, it was called a mack truck.

You're gonna find that most vehicles today that are fuel injected will create noise and the only way around it is to filter those devices.

I would agree on the 2510.... In light of that, check out the Magnum S9... I have the S980 and is is QUIET!!

it has to do with the chassis ground designs of the pll controlled S-series magnums as compared to their cpu controlled 257, delta & omega radios. the S radios CAN be nosiy, too, but put 1 of their cpu radios into a running vehicle in an area with lots of wires, lights, etc & FORGET about hearing ANYTHING.

It depends on weather your talking SSB or AM I think the Cobra 148GTL is very quite on both for CB and a good choice for SSB is the S45 and S9 there right up there as is the RCI 6900s...........................walterb

the cobra 148 gtl isn't an export radio,try the cobra 148 gtl dx,superstar 360 fm,stalker 1X,president jackson or president grant/president grant classic,all are superb export radios.

I use the 2950 and agree that the receiver is strong, loud...which has been said, is primarily a good thing.

But I also find them to be a bit too loud as well.

Easy fix !
47b20s0.gif

Leave radio hook up, power and antenna. Turn over and remove bottom cover, leave speaker connected and just lay cover to the side.

Locate cans R2 and R3. They are about an inch or so directly below the finals toward the back of the radio. With yer little tiny golden screwdriver, turn them clockwise until the receiver noise level is where you like it. The adjustment is not super sensitive. Mine usually require 2 or 3 whole turns to get it where I like it.

Obviously you'll need to have the volume turned up where you can here it clearly and a noisy-busy channel wouldn't hurt....like Ch 19 is good.

Have done this to 3 different 2950's so far. Works the same every time.

Good luck!

interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.