• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Out of the Box CB

fireman32_14

Jun 11, 2011
Ok everyone, i want to know what is everyones opinion on the best performing cb radio straight out of the box, no peak and tune, nothing, which 40 channel cb radio will i get the best performance out of without opening the covers

I bought a Cobra 29 LX, and didn't have anything done to it, and it works just fine...I also have a Cobra LX LE that I bought before I got the LX version, and had it P&T, and you can't tell any difference between it, and the one I got just off the shelf.

The Uniden 68,78 or Galaxy 919 are great radio's. In bone stock form they are all going to be so close no one radio will be too far ahead of the others. Then you have to consider the whole production process, one radio built Monday morning, one on Thursday, the other maybe late Friday. How good or lazy the employee was that "ballparked" the radio in would play a role in how well the radio sounds as well.

Reactions: Mongoose

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.