• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Radio for mobile dx

ty for the help bout "hp"at the model.. yesterday I did 2 dx no was bad because here I live is alot of thres etc but I have a small problem whit it ss3900 hp when I had the 29ltd my swr was 1.1 good ground etc now when I use it radio I get 2.5 and I cant get it down I check ground and is fine check coax is fine too then I use a external swr meter nd say is 1.2 and when I use the radio swr t say 2.5 wht iswrong?

Sometimes meters on radios arent that good. If you used aen external meter on your set I think I would trust the external meter. Also 2.5 isnt a great SWR reading, but it isnt the worst that it could be. Also check make you calibrated the radios meter correctly. Good Luck!!

Sometimes meters on radios arent that good. If you used aen external meter on your set I think I would trust the external meter. Also 2.5 isnt a great SWR reading, but it isnt the worst that it could be. Also check make you calibrated the radios meter correctly. Good Luck!!

ty for the help I was scared of use the radio =)

hi ppl I am me agin so I need a little help atm I get now a ss3900hp and I buyed a KL-203P from ebay (new) but I have fews question and is how ti install correct for it work safe I am horry because I have a rg58au 18` will work fine? other question is I drive a mack vision and I use the cb power line what thet have I use that or I need buy new power lines from the battery? ither question I have atm my swr is 1.5 w/o linear it will work fine? is a wilson 2000 other and the last question the antenna is at the left mirror and the truck is mindroof that mean part of the antenna is not at open area will work too?

your setup sounds ok , just a few things
can use the power jack for the cb but must wire the amp to battery both leasds
your swr what channel was that on? needs to be checked at each ends of the band
1 and 40.that will tell ya weather to lenthen or shorten whip. also ya using a external
meter?1.5.1 swr isnt bad BUT being ya want to use a amp id try to get it lower
but thats me and some may even disagree with me thats fine.with your coax
just make sure it will handle the power from the amp.on the antenna mount it on the highest point of the mirrior and as far away from the cab as possible.

I did check the swr at band D channel 1 and 40 and both was 1.5 swr.. I used a external swr meter because the internal one it look as have a problem because say is 3.0 when I open the door the antenna go far of the cap and external say 1.2 and internal 2.0 I think the cap is making problem to the swr because haft part of the antenna is at a free area I will try get a mode of get uppper coil at a open area maybe install a base at the backside of the truck upper at the sleeper and ground it to chassis for get the antenna 100% at a open area... I tested the antenna at otehr truck but was flatroof and the swr was 1.1 and both swr meters i guess the internal one is too much sensitive or have a problem =)

Mack-Vision-1.jpg
it is a pic what I get on ionternet of a truck same model than mine and if u see the antenna at the mirror is not 100% at a open area is for that I am geting some swr? I checked the ground to chassis from the door and is good I dont like burn that linear =)

Sure wish I could fing a gold bezel.......PT148N010H is the Ranger part number........been looking for a while....

Are you looking for this radio? https://jokermanelectronics.com/ranger-ss-3900eghp/ but the one without the american flag?

If you like the gold color you can also look for the General Longstreet or General Grant - they were both gold but they are even harder to find than the SS-3900eghp.

Reactions: Cabover Bob

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.