• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bicycle Install. Please Help

j64luf.jpg

Hi. I'm new here. Hopefully this post is in the right place. I need to install a CB Radio in a regular multi-speed mountain bike. The only problem that baffles me is the antenna. Which kind of antenna do you recommend? I've looked into NGP kits from Firestick but I've heard that performance is bad. This is going to be a base to mobile set up. I was wondering if it's possible to use the bike frame as GP or any other trick. Thanks.

I've had good luck in the past using Shakespeare Marine CB antennas. Not enough metal in a bike to get a good GP at CB freqs.

... If anyone got any sense out of that, I wish you'd explain it to me. Maybe it lost something in the translation?
- 'Doc

I thought it was spam until I looked at the websites he's linked to. It's all CB stuff, but the English is the same nonsense. It's kinda funny, and I still think it's spam, but it's funny spam...

I tried to make sense of it, really. Checked all the references/links. Nothing linked was even slightly connected with what was being said. Either I'm really missing something big time, or this is just a sales gimmick of some kind. Not even a good one! I give up. I'm not even sure I'd call it spam, hate to insult a good spammer... I think.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.