• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Black knob set for cobra 148f gtl?

wheelman918

Nov 22, 2014
Anyone know where to get a flat black knob set for a cobra 148 f gtl? ive gotten rid of all the chrome but the knobs

Buy a chrome set, scuff them up and spray with a good flat paint. You will need to seal them with some poly otherwise the grease from your fingers will wear the flat off. I have done this with some older audio equipment and it works well. Rust-Oleum seems to work best, if you have a air sprayer even better.

Buy a chrome set, scuff them up and spray with a good flat paint. You will need to seal them with some poly otherwise the grease from your fingers will wear the flat off. I have done this with some older audio equipment and it works well. Rust-Oleum seems to work best, if you have a air sprayer even better.
ill do that yes i have an air sprayer i own a machine shop and a body shop i thought of making some one off billit ones, mainly im in the aluminum wheel repair buis 3pointwheels.com ill use and epoxy sealer or maybe bulldog adhesion promoter

If you really want them to last paint with Imron.
they quit making imron long ago everything is an acrylic now instead of polyester base ive sprayed 100s of gallons of it in my day, it was a heavy bodied polyurethane that would lay wet longer for painting air planes busses semi trucks etc. ive painted a couple of my cars before with it have to wait hrs between coats wasnt very good for cars so i could imagine the little knobs lol

The Galaxy PLUTO model was similar to the 148GTL-F and had black knobs. I have no clue as to where you'd find one. These were pretty low quality sets, and I'm sure that many techs have one sitting in their junk. Post a WTB on a lot of the radio forums and maybe you'll get a hit.
The problem with painting them, is that the small square buttons are a pretty tight fit in the faceplate stock, and adding paint/sealer might cause them to hang up. Good luck and 73s.

CRT_Galaxy_Pluto.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.