• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bleed over

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Whats a good radio<cb>, that stops bleed over good?
My neighbor about 5 miles away runs close to a kw and wipes out most of the band, on my hr2600 , cobra and galaxy<nice isn't it>..
doctor :shock:

bleedover

Your probably right unless you <pin in the coax> ha ha.

Fortunately or unfortunately he bleeds on others in the area but he now<since my post> stays off after 7pm in the evening...

doctor
:shock:

You need to understand that your neighbor is actually TRANSMITTING on the frequency you are listening to. He may be on channel 14, but his dirty radio is also transmitting on channel 19 and 9). You can't filter out a signal thats on your channel.

That being said, you can get a radio with a more SELECTIVE receiver. Get a Uniden chassis radio. But again, it won't fix the problem you are having with your neighbor.

I've got the same problem here. I purchased a beam because the back door will be pointed at him most of the time. It wont alleviate all of it, but will hopefully decrease it a bit. :)

My two cents

Don't point the back door directly at him. Turn the beam until you see a drop in signal. There is a lobe directly off the back of most beams.

OH HELL !! It's all and always was a part of the game since as long back as I can remember , Reminds me of the other post on who's the 3 biggest and baddest on the cb radio in DX land , IM really sorry to a degree here boys , but EGO radio and the Watergate report has never done much for me. No offence meant and to each his or her own. I used to listen to Superfly on channel 6 from 20 miles away 10 channels both ways , back in the day it was all good , I had to go to work in the day time and by the time the sun set for the most part he had been done doing his thing anyway , back in the day there was a lot of local talking going on along with the idiotic range wars so to speak. If someone would have been 5 miles away from me and totally wiping me out , back in the day ,that might have been a problem for me. Not anymore ! I live in the city and that kind of radio operations will not last that long in these parts like they once might have on the 11 meter band ? There's a whole lot less cb radio operators over the years in these parts , the egotistical self-richous bullshit is sill there ,but no where near what it once was. When it comes to cb radio , I honestly could care less how a person runs his or her radios , that's there business ,unfortunately for you Doctor , it sounds like you have a problem if you choose to have one ? I do feel for you and your radios receive , I wish you the best of luck with the bleed over. Peace

Switch Kit said:
OH HELL !! It's all and always was a part of the game since as long back as I can remember , Reminds me of the other post on who's the 3 biggest and baddest on the cb radio in DX land , IM really sorry to a degree here boys , but EGO radio and the Watergate report has never done much for me. No offence meant and to each his or her own. I used to listen to Superfly on channel 6 from 20 miles away 10 channels both ways , back in the day it was all good , I had to go to work in the day time and by the time the sun set for the most part he had been done doing his thing anyway , back in the day there was a lot of local talking going on along with the idiotic range wars so to speak. If someone would have been 5 miles away from me and totally wiping me out , back in the day ,that might have been a problem for me. Not anymore ! I live in the city and that kind of radio operations will not last that long in these parts like they once might have on the 11 meter band ? There's a whole lot less cb radio operators over the years in these parts , the egotistical self-richous BS is sill there ,but no where near what it once was. When it comes to cb radio , I honestly could care less how a person runs his or her radios , that's there business ,unfortunately for you Doctor , it sounds like you have a problem if you choose to have one ? I do feel for you and your radios receive , I wish you the best of luck with the bleed over. Peace

Your posts are very hard to read.

Just get what you can and leave the rest or save yourself the trouble and just pass on them all together. No need to confuse yourself on my part. Trust me dude , I just ain't worth the trouble. :)

Good quality Beam with great rejection will work wonders. Mine does.

It wasn't brought up, but have you tried the channel gaurd?
It will work in some radios. Not worth a hill of beans in exports
though.

Not too much you can do but try to null the signal from that dirrection with a beam.
Master Chief said it best.... your neighbour is putting out soo much power and swing he is actually pushing the bandwidth of his signal larger.
The more power you use the more inefficent your signal is since your power (signal) is spread out over a wider bandwidth. Narrower use of bandwidth is one of the advantages of a SSB transmission.

Thats the way it is most of the time. ...More power.... larger bandwidth.My neighbour does the same thing... he turns his carrier down to 1 watt on a 2995.. he thinks he his signal won't be as loud... meanwhile if he whistles he can swing to 100 watts.... Nothing like all that power in the sidebands to make your signal quieter LOL.
We just stay on the same channels...

doctor said:
My neighbor about 5 miles away runs close to a kw and wipes out most of the band, on my hr2600 , cobra and galaxy<nice isn't it>..

I imagine if you turned on the weather radio the bleedover wouldn't be noticeable.

doctor said:

That is atrocious and just bad etiquette (LID) IMO. I imagine he is using all that power to talk to the locals less than a mile away too, ROFL? :roll:

Selectivity is what you want to look for in a radio, however being as close as you are I wouldn't expect any radio to reject that splatter and as close as the bandwith is on CB. The beam antenna may help somewhat. All you can hope for is that this guy is not an avid CB'er that is on 24-7.

Before any esigesis...I am not against running power, as long as proper etiquette is observed, after all this is a hobby not life saving plasma. I will stick to my small QRP station, thanks

;)

Lastly, have you approached this operator? Is he of stable mind and willing to work a proposed solution?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.