• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

blown finals on ranger 696

dasquishman

Jul 20, 2009
Hey all I blew my finals due to corrosion in my antenna mount. I have the replacements but it looks like one off the pads is missing off the pcb.

Can someone with a galaxy 949 or 959/rci 300,600 or 900 series be able to post some close ups of the finals please so I can compare the board and solder joints.

Thanks

did you really look at it. the 2 top pics is the part side of the board and the 2nd one is the trace side of the board. it is a true layout to see the traces on the solder side of the board.

Yes i did. I'm not good with schematics. It looks like one off the pads is missing but it's not stuck to any solder. I guess I'll just toss it as no one on my island fixes them. Shipping will be more than the repair.

Thanks anyways

what I left you is not a schematic, it is a picture of the bottom of the board. you can see the trace layout on the bottom and you can just run a small wire from the final to the trace to repair it. i use a resister or cap wire to repair one like that at the final.

as u can see looks like a pad missing. my question is does it connect to the diode? when I unsoldered it solder was touching the right most pad. Not sure if it was touching the point right behind it. Thats why I want a pic. So i can solder it back the way it was.

Attachments

• 20160504_193458.jpg
    20160504_193458.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
And someone said this forum is dying! I just think some of the more expert guys are just tired of repeating themselves at times. Not that this is a repeat. Glad you got it sorted. Exit 13 and Sonoma are very knowledgable that is for sure. There are a bunch more here as well. But like I said, I just tired of the same thing being asked instead of using the search function. At any rate. Glad you got it resolved. Hope you get it all back up aka running!! Be safe and take your time. And have a great day!!!

Reactions: davew41

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.