• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BOOSTER/MURS

It depends on the amp. You'll have to look at the frequency range specs of the amp, but yes, a lot of them will.

Welcome to "handbagcom.com". We are full-time seller online. christian louboutin ,jimmy choo shoes,and the best UGG boots ugg classic tall,let you shaping personality in cold weather, of course, there are replica handbags, we can offer high qunlity and low price.MBT Shoes with standard size, and low prices. We insist on people-oriented in the business, the integrity of online transactions. We believe we can do better!
WTF?

Do these older 2 meter amps work on MURS with the MURS radio to boost the power???

DOCTOR/795
you do know that there is a 5w cap on transmit power on MURS.;) hey doc, i hear ya man. i have the MURS freqs programmed into my radio but hell, i never hear anyone talking on them. i was also thinking of getting a little kicker box to help my signal get out (y). i haven't found anything that works on 150-154Mhz, yet.

EDIT: just found this amp on ebay. i believe it will work on MURS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230409640480&fromMakeTrack=true

Last edited:
Chop take some time and google that amp, Crescend VVC100-25. You might be able to get one hell of a deal on that one.

WTF?

you do know that there is a 5w cap on transmit power on MURS.;) hey doc, i hear ya man. i have the MURS freqs programmed into my radio but hell, i never hear anyone talking on them. i was also thinking of getting a little kicker box to help my signal get out (y). i haven't found anything that works on 150-154Mhz, yet.

EDIT: just found this amp on ebay. i believe it will work on MURS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230409640480&fromMakeTrack=true

The limit is 2 watts on MURS, not 5. Copper and H+Y used to sell little RM VHF amps that would cover MURS. Not sure if they still sell them.

I would never buy a 5 channel, 2 watt radio. My how limiting. Just do it all with a 50-75 watt vhf ham mobile and get everything from 136~174mhz and all the other programmable features to boot. Damn the illegalities maties!!
pirates5B15D_th.gif

you goobers
beaverhug.gif

I agree. The way to go is to either use a 2 meter Ham set that has been opened up, or get a commercial VHF like an Icom or Vertex and program it for MURS.

I did buy two of the RadioShack MURS mobiles when they closed them out at 19.95 a few years ago. I turned them both up to 5 watts. They work really quite well, but I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for one....

I agree. The way to go is to either use a 2 meter Ham set that has been opened up, or get a commercial VHF like an Icom or Vertex and program it for MURS.

I did buy two of the RadioShack MURS mobiles when they closed them out at 19.95 a few years ago. I turned them both up to 5 watts. They work really quite well, but I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for one....

Geezzzz Thanks,

and i was just thinking of offering a couple or three of the radio shack base/mobil
murs radios for sale set uo already doing 5 watts.

BTW, yahoo groups can show you how to program 300 plus channels into these :)

Of course thats only 2 of them at a time....

I have a couple new ones left and a third one that needs a repair.

I bought half a dozen when our friend was in nursing home, before he passed away
and i gave some to a few locals who couldnt afford to buy them.

Everyone had coffee can antennas, thanks to Jay of I-10k fame... thanks jay.

Regards,
John

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.