• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning Links?

Skip Talker

Apr 7, 2005
Anyone know of any good Browning Golden Eagle sites?
Might be in the market for a Mark IVA, local pick up only though.

Sure, there are some "Browning links", but no sales activity on them that I know of.

Ebay, or this (and other) forums are probably your best bet.

Best to avoid the "Mark IV", and go for the "A".

Oh yeah. Browning links.....

Browning Labs Inc.

Retrocom The "Tube CB Club" link on that page leads you to a Yahoo "group". No big deal to join, once you sign up for Yahoo.

And then there's The Nomad Radio Digital Slider, but I'm out of the one in the Pal cabinet for now. Just Maco and generic cabinets, until I score some more "oddbal" Pals that don't fit any popular radio.

A fella named Alan sometimes has some Browning stuff to sell at Tubes Plus And sometimes not.

'Bout that "local pickup" line. Good luck. Even if you tell folks where "local" is.

Thanks Nomad, that PLL unit is something like what I was thinking of. Shame about the drift but not bad for AM I guess.

My kid was playing with the radio and ended up on 27.085, I heard all those Brownings out there made me interested again, maybe a Christmas present for myself.

So do you know the typical bandwidth the TX and RX can be extended? Wonder how many found their way to 29 Mhz, where all the 10 meter AM guys are.

Oh local pick up may be tough, but anywhere in the South West I call local.

Skip Talker said:
Anyone know of any good Browning Golden Eagle sites?
Might be in the market for a Mark IVA, local pick up only though.

I got a IVA for sale. Where do u live??-cayo62@yahoo.com

have you tried Grumpy? You might be able to convince him to part with something; if the price is right.

br

13VA @ CBR Electronics did have a couple for sale. You might want to check with him. I know you said you wanted local pickup but sometimes that always isnt the best choice.
13VA has a good rep and you can take his word on how he desribes what he has for sale. I have dealt with him and wouldnt hesitate to do it again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.