• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

built a 6m Halo today... something is not right.. but it looks good at least

Got any high power transmitters nearby....as in within a few miles? Those MFJ antenna analyzers will not read correctly in the presence of a really strong signal from a broadcast station especially AM or FM. I know a ham, well actually my former boss, who cannot use one at his QTH because he is practically in the shadow of a 100 Kw FM station and it plays havoc with his readout. The irony is that he used to be an engineer at that very station. LOL.

yes actually I am exactly 1 miles as the crow flies from a place called 'Antenna Hill', otherwise known as "Television Place". There are SEVERAL TV stations, Studio to Transmitter Links and I have been told there are even a few radio stations... I can listen to a local TV station uplink on a frequency a little above the 440Mhz band

It looks like there is an insulator between the elements. If so, short them out. The dipole needs to be a one piece 1/2 wave length element with the shield of the SO-239 connector mounted at the mid point. Your halo will then start to resonant with a lower SWR. Adjust the gamma match for proper match and you should be good to go. For fine tuning you may have to adjust the spacing of the element ends (at the opposite side). This should get you into the ballpark.

Mike

It looks like there is an insulator between the elements. If so, short them out. The dipole needs to be a one piece 1/2 wave length element with the shield of the SO-239 connector mounted at the mid point. Your halo will then start to resonant with a lower SWR. Adjust the gamma match for proper match and you should be good to go. For fine tuning you may have to adjust the spacing of the element ends (at the opposite side). This should get you into the ballpark.

Mike

Yeah it's just a piece of aluminum from an old set of crutches

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.