• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bump bump

Clifton, NJ?! Doc, AF2Y, is that you??

That bumping machine treadmill you used to use on 20 was the bomb. --squeak squeak--

That bumping machine treadmill you used to use on 20 was the bomb. --squeak squeak--

no, im soory , im not a ham. but i knew doc 600 on the am side. he talked a little bit funny . he was a good tech. i talked off his marshall guitar amp on the cb radio one day. the dynamic headroom and saturation was so loud and raspy but high db audio in your face. i miss him . :)

Dr. Schwartzbard, I presume?

LOL! The notorious Jewish dentist from Clifton... man, that brings back some memories. I haven't heard him in years. What a character.

"Always Friendly 2 You" ...then he'd get all riled up at one of his enemies and it would be so-much-for-being-nice.

Oops... I didn't mean to hijack y'all's thread, but thanks for the blast from the past.

-

no, im soory , im not a ham. but i knew doc 600 on the am side. he talked a little bit funny . he was a good tech. i talked off his marshall guitar amp on the cb radio one day. the dynamic headroom and saturation was so loud and raspy but high db audio in your face. i miss him . :)

HV, that Marshall makes one heckuvan audio stage! "Distortion? What do you mean, distortion? Dude, it's *supposed* to be there!" LOL

No prob. about not being a ham. I couldn't resist asking when I saw your 20. I see ol' Sparky took the bait. (Oh no! Another 14.313 fan on here... I may haveta start another thread somewhere about that looney bin of long ago.)

...I see ol' Sparky took the bait. (Oh no! Another 14.313 fan on here... I may haveta start another thread somewhere about that looney bin of long ago.)

Yes sir, took the bait, I did. Not only that, but I had to modify my siggy (see below) to reflect my inexplicably fond recollections of said nuthouse. Scantheband, I hereby encourage your posting of a thread dedicated to the crazy antics on 14.313. If you don't, I will!

-

HV, that Marshall makes one heckuvan audio stage! "Distortion? What do you mean, distortion? Dude, it's *supposed* to be there!" LOL

No prob. about not being a ham. I couldn't resist asking when I saw your 20. I see ol' Sparky took the bait. (Oh no! Another 14.313 fan on here... I may haveta start another thread somewhere about that looney bin of long ago.)

what i mean is that we talked off the marshall guitar amp head on the cb radio. the 12ax7 driver tube can always be to much saturation for mt tastes, but it was his experiment. it was totally cool. the db gain was so intence like an old johnson or a D/ A .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.