• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

buzzing noise

hellbilly

Oct 12, 2008
I have a cobra 29 ltd classic and after i key it up a few times i get a loud buzzing noise and have to turn the radio off to get it to stop. What is this problem and how do i fix it?

you might have a bad ground or ther might be a problem with your coax if the antena is to close to a peas of metal it might cause that to but any way dose it do it when you key up or all the time

Sounds like you might have a capacitor breaking down. Turning the radio off would/should discharge that capacitor and give it a chance to start over from 'zero' again when turned on again. Am I sure of that? Of course not, too many 'possible' possibilities, and checking capacitors isn't exactly the most 'fun' thing in the world. ;) About the only place I wouldn't look for that breaking down capacitor to start with, is in the transmitting circuits. Unless, you are getting comments about that 'buzzing' from those who are listening to you.
Good luck!
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.