• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CalFire 4 Element Mobile Antenna!

will85w4

Apr 12, 2010
Coachella Valley, So Cal
Driving on the I-10 down here and my wife sees this and decides to snap a picture. (I know, I thought the same thing about the wife...she's finally coming around to the whole radio thing if she sees an antenna and thinks I'd like to see it!)

Attachments

• calfire antenna.jpg
    calfire antenna.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 149

Googled it...yes Googling can work wonders when you are in need of information.

Word Origin & History

google

"to search (something) on the Google search engine," 2000 (do a google on was used by 1999). The domain google.com was registered in 1997. A verb google was an early 20c. cricket term in ref. to a type of breaking ball.Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper

Main Entry: google1
Part of Speech: v
Definition: to search for information about a specific person through the Google search engine
Example: She googled her high school boyfriends.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n
Main Entry: google2
Part of Speech: v
Definition: to search for information on the Internet, esp. using the Google search engine
Example: We googled to find the definition of the new word.
Etymology: trademark Google
Usage: googling n

Goo·gle (gōō'gəl)
A trademark used for an Internet search engine. This trademark often occurs in print as a verb, sometimes in lowercase: "A high school English teacher ... recently Googled a phrase in one student's paper and found it had been taken from a sample essay of an online editing service" (Chris Berdik).
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned