• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

calling all tech's please help the canon

canon

Oct 5, 2014
just got a Philippines Uniden Grant XL good shape ,has a problem AM has very loud talk back no mods on the board that i can see .feeds back with mic gain any higher then 8 oclock dont have a scope to find the bad part hoping someone can point me in the right direction. radio has the PC 412 AJ board in it .thx in advance.

look on the solder side of the board for a resister at the back of the radio across the PA and external speaker jacks. this is how they normally put talk back on this radio. all you have to do is unsolder the resister and talk back is gone. or you can use a noise cancelling mic to help stop the feedback if you want talk back. higher the ohms of the resister lowers the talkback sound also. I will see if I can find a radio pic with the resister on it so you will know what to look for. also make sure the case screws to the board is tight by removing the top cover. here is a link for a pic of the cobra 29 radio which shows you a picture of the solder side of the board. same as the grant and cobra radios for talk back.

https://downloads.cobra.com/CB/TSB/TSB10056.pdf

no resistor on the solder side .it's as loud as the PA when i key the mic on CB .maybe it's time to recap this radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.