• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Canary Islands on 12M

Good deal, I got em this past Sunday lol. I am on as I type this and hear faint station on 24.950. I hope I hear you and get a contact.

AP

Just made a contact to W7FYV Cal.

Last edited:
And just worked XE2EX, Ensenada Mexico.

For those viewing, 10 and 12 meters usually is going long and in east/west directions mostly.

Good luck

Good deal, I got em this past Sunday lol. I am on as I type this and hear faint station on 24.950. I hope I hear you and get a contact.

AP

Just made a contact to W7FYV Cal.

I went to high school with the original W7FYV (Dewey - sadly SK), AND with the current holder of the call, Dave. Dewey died of cancer just after he graduated in 1960 and his call has been sitting unclaimed for several years. Then Dave, who had been a good friend to Dewey, got his license and asked some of the guys if we thought it would be fitting for him to reactivate Dewey's call.

Made me do a double-take when I saw the call! Dave is in (I think) Bakersfield, fairly convenient to Vegas for reunions and such.

Very sorry to hear you friend passed of cancer soon after graduation. I had a nice long QSO with Dave , he seems very nice indeed. He has a very nice sounding station and was giving me a 55 as I was giving him the same.

I must say I am having more fun on 12 than any other band of late. I am so glad I upgraded to general.

AP

5/10 around 2 e.s.t.

5N7M Nigeria on 100W & the Imax 2000 from Dixie

No worries, he didn't try to get me to cash his lottery ticket or anything

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.