• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CAPACITORS FOR SB221 POWER SUPPLY

hank

Aug 30, 2006
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET NICHICON 200UF@450WV FILTER CAPS? OR ANY OTHER BRAND NAME AS LONG AS THEY ARE 200UF@450WV
AS I ONLY NEED 2 THE POWER SUPPLY HAS BEEN UPGRADED AND I DONT WONT TO CHANGE THEM ALL. I CAN FIND 220UF @450WV BUT I DONT WONT TO MIX THEM UP. THANX FOR ANY HELP.73s
HANK

Typical electrolyitic capacitors have pretty loose tolerances as far as capacitance goes. +/- 20% is very common, and the tolerance on the positive side can be as high as 50%.

I doubt seriously whether you'd notice the difference between 200uF and 220uF.

If the power supply has been upgraded and two of them are bad why replace only two of them? If two failed the others are likely on their way.
Harbach Electronics has a "drop in" replacement for the SB 221 which is an upgraded version of the original and does a very good job.
Don't forget if meter protection if it has not already been done to the amp. They are getting harder to find and the price is going up all the time. Less than 10 cents will protect the meters from any spikes caused by tubes or tuners arcing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.