• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Antenna on rear hatch?

ZuMBLe

Oct 15, 2010
I currently have a Comet NMO hatch mount for my 2M/440 antenna. I found out Larson makes a 11meter NMO mount antenna, how would this do on the hatch mount? I never cared about the efficiency of the location of my 2M/440 antenna as long as SWRs were low because I only talked on local repeaters. Would the Larson with the hatch mount compare to a mag mount Wilson 1000? Would not having the roof of the car as a ground plane be a problem?

? Would not having the roof of the car as a ground plane be a problem?

Might be.
Some have SWR problems with a hatch mount and Wilson 1000. Better to have a mag mount for the Wilson on the top/center of the car - and keep the 2m on its own mount. I run two antennas on my car with no problem - one is Wilson 1000 mag mount and the other is a Diamond 2m mag mount.

I think that's good advice. Thanks! :D

Might be.
Some have SWR problems with a hatch mount and Wilson 1000. Better to have a mag mount for the Wilson on the top/center of the car - and keep the 2m on its own mount. I run two antennas on my car with no problem - one is Wilson 1000 mag mount and the other is a Diamond 2m mag mount.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio