• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb channels empty for the most part.

jdobbs2001

Mar 20, 2012
I would say except for 12-15 locals clustered on one or two channels, it's interesting to note that most of the time the channels are empty.

What is the experience around your part of town?

It is pretty quite here unless the skip is rolling. There a few local guys around here that talk on channel 11 but that is about it.

I have been on the radio over 40 years an in my area it's always been like that even in the 23 channel days . The locals get a few channels an that's it , here it's mostly 20 an 21 now . All though back in the 70's more channel's were used .:whistle:

I have found activity on 6 11 14 19 20 23 and 40 AM and 38LSB within a 25-30 mile radius of my home 6 11 and 20 are BIG radios around Chicago and the garbage haulers who drive the big rigs run run 14 and 20. Some locals on 23 and 40. And living in a suburb within 25 miles of 4 major highways I have 19 AM all the time.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Not only the case in the USA. Here in the UK its pretty much dead except for Ch19. They then use ever increasing levels of power >100W+ to be heard 2 miles across town rather than change channel to one of the other 79 which are mostly empty.

I am the only one here on 38 lsb (this is a population of around 45,000).

There is no "am" base stations in the area that I know of.

All "am" traffic is from the local truck drivers and most of them are logging trucks and a couple wood mill's.

After 6:00 pm, all 40 ch.'s are just static.

Few and far between.

I am 5 miles from Athens, Ga. and approximately 12 miles from I85
and CH19 is even quiet most of the time.

I have a few scattered groups of locals that occupy their own AM channels. They don't seem to interact with each other unless they are having a four letter filled feud of some kind. There are no close SSB operators, and a few distant freebanders on 26.915.

channels

CHANNELS are quiet around here, most of the old boys are deceased. A few left but do not like skip so radios are off until FALL.
I was driving to LOUISVILLE KY. yesterday 27 mile trip , channel 19 had only 2 truckers on ,on the interstate and that was it.

Bands are quiet just like 2 meters around here, completely dead except for the weekly net and a few fall out of the closet sometimes 5 or 6 and then silence again.

Cell phones are it I guess.

DOCTOR/795
CHNL 36 AM/LSB/USB

Reactions: 1 person
North central IL only like 7-9 high power guys on 2 channels. 2 towns away the guys that cant get out on 6 run 11. Park ridge area has some high power mobile buddies on 22. Not much, I flip around some nights calling out, no one ever answers, even 38lsb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.