• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cb heard through the tv

Turn off your CB.

If you want a better answer, give more details, like what radio you are running, has it been butchered by yet another CB hack; are you running an amp, if so, what is it; what antenna and coax are you using, what is the antenna height and orientation to your neighbor; are you running a filter, what kind; is his TV on or off when you come through the speakers.

"You got questions, we've got blank stares!"

ok sorry........ive got a 959 galaxy peaked and tuned and a k40 my coax is stock k40 stuff .....he hears me when his tv is on does that help ? no filters where can i get one?..... specific name its on my truck right beside his house

OK, this is an easy one to fix......

TURN OFF YOUR CB WHEN HE IS WATCHING TV.

You're running mobile with a loaded 1/4 wave shooting right into his house; your 959 has most likely been butchered and putting out all kinds of crap in the air. A stock radio would not cause any interference in MOST cases.

You can buy a low pass filter from all kinds of places. Do a google search or just call Copper.

He may have a cheap TV too. You can try to install a high pass filter on the TV but most likely you are getting into his audio circuit directly. Doe he only hear you or do you also scramble the picture?

Don't park so close to his house. The fact remains, its YOUR responsibility to eliminate the interference. Had you radio been left stock, that burden would have fallen on him.

I would try moving your parking spot around, try to put as much distance between you and his TV as you can.

Are you in the car/truck when talking or are you running the radio in the house, and have the antenna mounted on the car with a long run of coax?

Can you get another antenna Up? Going up (and away) will help.

Is he on Cable or is it broadcast?

If it is cable, there could be a problem with his system, loose coax connecter, bad ground, bad coax end.....any of these will let the signal get in.
Has the AMC or Mod limiter been removed from your radio?
And yes some cheap china made tv`s just seem to suck stuff in ......

Jef

first off......my radio has not been butchered no parts were cut or removed it was just tuned i watched the guy tune it and he explained too me how people hack and cut parts for power ......... i cant park any further cause i only have a narrow laneway........im thinking he has a cheap tv or badly run coax.......i doesnt matter too much cause its my mobile but i dont wanna spend money getting a base antenna and still interfering with his tv i dont think it will because it will be much fuurther away

For this to happen is very rare running straight radio. If you say all is well then fine, usually a limiter has been clipped and the splatter is what is causing the problem. Add an amplifier and things get even worse.

minitrucker said:
my neighbour complains he can hear my cb jaddering through his tv? how can i fix this for him ?

How does it effect your TV? If your TV is also bothered then you need to clean up your CB. If your TV is ok find out what the difference is. Maybe he needs a better antenna or coax.
You can get a filter for his TV also.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.